cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum guaranteed fibre speed

Duncan7

Minimum guaranteed fibre speed

I recently signed up to ultrafast fibre with Plusnet and the main reasons was for the guarantee that the minimum speed would be 35mbps ( not the 67mbps in the headline advertising). Having allowed time for the service to “settle” I have run various speed tests which show an average of 20mbps with a high of 23mbps. Having carried out a diagnostic test through dslchecker everything is normal and it shows the maximum speed available through my exchange is 23mbps. Whilst if this is correct I know I can cancel my service, surely Plusnets claim to guarantee a minmum 35mbps is false and should not be permitted as it amounts to misleading advertising.
2 REPLIES 2
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Minimum guaranteed fibre speed

Hi Duncan, welcome to the forums.

Due to the technology in use, the speed you will receive will vary depending on the length and quality of your line, which is why the 67mbps (which is the average that Plusnet customers get) is different to your estimates.

As for your speeds, are they sync speeds or speeds from a speed test?  If from a speed test is that with a wired or wireless connection?

Plusnet would release you from your contract if your sync speeds are below the minimum guaranteed access speed if you have given them a chance to fix it and it is confirmed that you can't get that speed.  The first step for that would be to run through the troubleshooting here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Minimum guaranteed fibre speed

Hi @Duncan7,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues. I've taken a look into your account today and upon testing your line I've discovered a potential external fault located within your local network. I've raised this to our suppliers for further investigation now and more information regarding this issue can be found via the ticket I have raised on your account, here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team