Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Min SPEED = LIE

drshanker

Min SPEED = LIE

Fault refernce plusnet: Dated 21/3/2020 200204666

Paid on 24th Febuary for Connection £49.99 and first month £22.99

Went live on the 11th April. Accepted a months credit for failings, including 6 days late activation.

Have not had any faster than 15mbs since activation. Waited the "settling" 10 days, from the 11th to 21st and raised issue.

Accepted that there was a speed fault.

Was told 3-5 working days for a phone call, basically told to wait by the phone. 

BY FRIDAY 27th Phone lines off No one contacted me

what kind of scam company are you running?

7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Min SPEED = LIE

You might of noticed that there’s a national crises at the moment that’s affecting the availability of people. Using emotive language such as lie and scam do not help.

Rejoice that you have 15Mbps. My guess would be that repairs are being concentrated on those with no service and want to work from home.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

I know the clocks are going forward this weekend, but had not realised I had missed a month - is it really April already?

On a more serious note - how are you testing the speeds? What are the results when you put your phone number in the DSL Checker?  What are the sync and attainable speeds from the router Help Desk tab? Is the line quiet when you dial 17070 option 2 from a corded phone?

You will get a lot more support if you provided these basics - more help can be found in the Help and Support tab above.

drshanker

When I agreed a contract I was promised a minimum of 30.9 mbs, Since joining I have not received this or even close to it. I didn't know broadband lines got sick 

drshanker

I don't need help because I'm not the one under obligation to fix it. They run their own line tests and see speeds well below what was promised. I thought this was a professional forum for plusnet support staff.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@drshanker 

No, this is a public forum visited by Plusnet staff when they can. There are also fellow customers who give advice to those who are willing to try to help themself.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@drshanker wrote:

I don't need help because I'm not the one under obligation to fix it.

OK, we get the message.  😐

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
drshanker

STILL NO CONTACT. ALL CALL CENTRES DEAD. 

Seems a bit like a pay your money and shut up kind of service because I know if I didn't pay it would be cut off. Yet here I am paying for their scam with no way to even talk to someone about it..

And yes I've just been at work all day. This is the service I receive