cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating an existing fibre service to a home with a possible FTTC Waiting List?

FIXED
NiM
Grafter

Migrating an existing fibre service to a home with a possible FTTC Waiting List?

Hi all, a question regarding moving from a house with a fibre extra connection, to a house that's in a fibre area, but not currently showing fibre packages as being available (only ADSL),  on the wholesale checker, the cabinet is showing FTTC Availability as "waiting list".

We're very close to signing on the new place, when I did an initial check with PN's checker (a month ago),  i'm pretty sure it showed I could get Fibre Extra there, but now it's alarmingly not. Having questioned my sanity and after some digging it seems that the cabinet is fibre enabled, but has possibly hit capacity, which presumably is why fibre packages are now no longer showing?

Assuming this is correct, thus far, as an existing fibre customer with a year left on the contract,  would I automatically get upgraded to fibre when a slot opens up? how does that work, rough timescales, etc?

Any advice or input would be appreciated, as being stuck on 11Mb/s adsl indefinitely is something that'd cause us to re-consider properties, etc. which is worrying at this stage, as we've got to find somewhere inside of 3 months.

I've included a screenshot of the wholesale results for the cabinet.

2 REPLIES 2
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: Migrating an existing fibre service to a home with a possible FTTC Waiting List?

Fix

You can’t ‘migrate’ a fibre service from one property to another, by moving house you’d be ceasing your service at the existing address and buying a service at your new address, this would be done in the background though keeping your account the same if you’re already a customer so there’d be no termination fees.

Waiting lists only apply if a fibre order is placed while there is capacity showing but capacity then drops when the order’s in progress. You’ll need to go onto standard broadband then upgrade to fibre once it’s showing available again on the BT checker.Sad

NiM
Grafter

Re: Migrating an existing fibre service to a home with a possible FTTC Waiting List?

Many thanks, that clears up a lot, rather annoying it doesn't happen automatically if you flag yourself as wanting fibre 😕