cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre from Unlimited Broadband - no internet connection since

skodasw

Migrated to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre from Unlimited Broadband - no internet connection since

While on Plusnet unlimited broadband, our download speed was around 16mpbs, but since migrating to Plusnet unlimited fibre at 1450 last Wednesday, 8th June, we have had no internet access at all. Various tests have been done remotely without success and an engineer's visit is scheduled for tomorrow, Monday. Has anyone had the same experience? What could possibly have happened? I am using a white Plusnet Hub One. I really hope it's a simple solution.

7 REPLIES 7
blackwellm

Re: Migrated to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre from Unlimited Broadband - no internet connection since

My fibre speed is currently 7mb down, 0.3mb up. I'm in a metropolitan area, 75mtrs from the substation.

I've had better speeds 10 years ago.

Looks like the contention ratio is too high and Euro 2016 is on. I will probably go back to Virgin cable since outage is no different and support issues are irrelevant for me. 

skodasw

Re: Migrated to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre from Unlimited Broadband - no internet connection since

Thanks, but I don't think we have the same problem. I have had no internet access since migration to fibre.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the forums @skodasw sorry to hear you've experienced a loss of broadband since the upgrade to fibre took place. I do hope the engineer is able to resolve this for you tomorrow.

@blackwellm Have you tried our troubleshooting guides for your speed issues? If troubleshooting hasn't helped, I'd recommend raising this with our faults team so we can investigate further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
skodasw

An update 🙂

A BT Openreach engineer was here for 3 hours this morning troubleshooting. The work at the exchange was carried out last week but it looks like nothing had been done in the cabinet. Today's work also involved a "lift and shift". BT second line support were able to see the engineer's test equipment but still couldn't communicate with the Plusnet modem, but in the rollercoaster ride this morning we'd all managed to forget that the router had been reset at least once.

I thought we needed a new router, but after the engineer left I spoke to Plusnet and Paul advised that we go into the router settings and re-enter the username and password, and bingo! We now have 37mbps download and 2mbps upload. Not as fast as I would like, but it's better than 0mbps that we've had since last Wednesday.

Credit where it's due. Yes, it was frustrating not to have had internet access, but Plusnet have been great, as were BT Openreach this morning. Thank you! 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear that's working following the engineer visit!

Thanks for letting us know Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@skodasw wrote:

An update 🙂

We now have 37mbps download and 2mbps upload. Not as fast as I would like, but it's better than 0mbps that we've had since last Wednesday.

How much faster were you expecting? You are on an up to 38/2 service, were you expecting to be on the 78/20 service?

skodasw

Yes I was, but it's my mistake. I got confused with the different products. The faster one has "Extra" at the end of it. I'll stay on Unlimited Fibre for the time being.