cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Teams drops calls on new laptop

redpj
Dabbler

Microsoft Teams drops calls on new laptop

Hi, I've just changed jobs and have received a new laptop. I now have an issue where any teams calls on this new laptop keep dropping out. This hasn't happened with other laptops I've used, and mine is the only one in the house affected. My wife and son are not having problems with there's even when we're on calls at the same time, mine is the only one dropping. Could there be an incompatibility between the new laptops network card or something and the plusnet hub one router I have? My current firmware is - Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 Last updated 15/09/19

6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Microsoft Teams drops calls on new laptop

Is the new laptop the only one using the 5ghz band by any chance ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

redpj
Dabbler

I switched 5ghz off a while back due to problems. So I've only 2.4 available and ethernet. Teams drops on either of them from only the one laptop. I've reported this to work and they've suggested a router incompatibility hence I'm checking here.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I've reported this to work and they've suggested a router incompatibility hence I'm checking here

Sounds like a 'fob off' to me. In what respect are they suggesting its incompatible ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

redpj
Dabbler

I don't think they know 🤔
It's definitely a fob off.
The main reason I was posting on here was to see if it could by any chance be firmware or something given that mine is 2019.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

There is a pre-release firmware that addresses a problem with the 5ghz wireless, hence my initial question.

The only other issue that crops up is a DNS lookup failure. I would have thought that would affect all systems not just your laptop.

Do you use a VPN on the work laptop, I would guess so. If so , is the VPN dropping and taking the Teams call with it, rather than just the Teams call dropping out ?

redpj
Dabbler

I've tried both with and without vpn. Drops on both. Guys are adamant teams does not root through vpn. I'll keep investigating.
Thanks