cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message for Lisa Hardie

BryterLayter

Message for Lisa Hardie

Got an email from Lisa Hardie (head of customer service) asking why I've cancelled my contract and am forfeiting £133.
Dear Lisa,
I switched to PlusNet because I believed the adverts about great service, UK call centres etc. I even signed up for 18 months because I thought it would be great.
Sadly over the last few weeks my fibre broadband and phone has been up and down every hour and when I call your helpdesk I get quoted waiting times of an hour or more. Occasionally  get quoted 15 minutes but give up after 30 minutes.
In my house I have one person that needs fibre for work and two university students that need a constant connection plus the usual array of Netflix etc. To have constant outages that I cannot report because of huge waiting times is unacceptable.  I'm not exactly flush with cash but am forced to end my contract early so that I can move to a provider that can answer the phone in a reasonable time to deal with my queries.
Would be nice if PlusNet would do the decent thing and cancel my contract for free but I've no idea on how to get someone on the phone to ask.
So, there you go Lisa...that's why I'm moving my broadband.

2 REPLIES 2
mlmclaren
Grafter

Re: Message for Lisa Hardie

Sounds awful, and IMO you had no other choice..
I had to put a considerable amount of time into getting Plusnet to drop my account but that was before the changes that have restricted customers like you to limited access of support, I do hope your not considering paying the early termination fee's and would recommend you open a complaint with Plusnet (more info in link below)
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
If you have no success there then take your complaint to the Ombudsman at CISAS who helped me out and even got me compensation for my time and inconvenience.
Hope you get this sorted without too much stress  Smiley
BryterLayter

Re: Message for Lisa Hardie

Thanks very much for your help - complaint logged to start the battle!