Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Rate and Connected Rate

AshPowell
Grafter

Max Rate and Connected Rate

Hi,
I've noticed on the router/modem my max attainable rate is around 65-70 yet my connected rate doesn't go much higher than 46. My upload connected at and max are about the same as eachother.
I wondered if you had any information as to why this is?
Any help is appreciated, thanks
3 REPLIES 3
elfish
Grafter

Re: Max Rate and Connected Rate

Attainable date rate is the maximum date rate that your line could support at that moment in time. I say "moment in time" as it can increase or decrease depending on many factors, for example; interference, weather and the load on the DSLAM. You may then think that if the attainable rate is within 80Mbps, then why is my line providing less? Well that again is down to many factors, for example; high SNRM and/or DLM restrictions due to higher error rate and instability running at higher rates.
Hopefully someone else will chip in as well.
NoZephy
Rising Star

It might be worth double checking if your line has interleaving. For some reason interleaving on VDSL2 adds anywhere from 5-10Mbps onto your max attainable rate.
For example my attainable is 69Mbps but my max attainable is 84Mbps, before I had interleaving applied the max attainable was showing up as 73Mbps which is what the engineer quoted when he ran a test down my line after the install.
tl;dr interleaving causes the max attainable values to go weird.
EDIT: Personally I only ever look at the attainable rate and ignore the max rate. Also you can go onto the PN portal and see your sync on there which is probably more useful.
AshPowell
Grafter

Thanks for the replies!
The sync rate in the PN portal doesn't seem too accurate.. It's currently about 5Mb lower than what I'm currently connected at 😕