cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matched profies?

Nobody
Community Veteran

Matched profies?

Hi, I'm got connected to fibre extra (80/20) today but I cannot get any speed test to go above download of 40mbps, as seen with results at speedtest.btwholesale.com:
1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
0 Mbps Download Speed 40.03 Mbps Max Achievable Speed 76.67 Mbps
Download speedachieved during the test was - 40.03 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-76.67 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 76.67 Mbps
2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.
Upload Speed
16.1 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 16.1Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
From reading other posts, it could be that the PN profile is not set at the same profile as the BTW IP profile?  Could someone at PN kindly take a look please?
Thanks in advance
8 REPLIES 8
deathtrap
Grafter

Re: Matched profies?

Could be the reason you can check here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Nobody
Community Veteran

Thanks for that.  This is what is says:
Estimated line speed:
    73Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2015-08-09 22:58:59
Current line speed:
    78 Mb
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

This is the second thread i have seen where the speed hasn't increased when going from the 40Mb package to the 80Mb package despite the profiles being as they should be something wrong somewhere maybe the cap that Plusnet use isn't actually  being removed despite the profile saying other wise .
 this is the other thread that has the same issue  https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,143263.0.html
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@Nobody
I can see we sorted this for you?
Let us know if you have any further issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Nobody
Community Veteran

@ Matthew Wheeler
Nope, still not sorted.
After your outage today I managed to get on chat twice.  The first was around lunch time when it was established that I was put on a 21mbps download profile inexplicably overnight.  Scott who chatted to me assured me that my profile had now been corrected and I should reboot in 10 minutes and should then get top speed.  As I was at work I waited a while and then asked my son to reboot the router at around 15:30 but the speed tests soon after showed that it was still capped.  I then contacted support through chat again and was told that the profile could take up to 4 hours to take effect at the exchange, not 10 minutes.  So I left it at that and then rebooted again when I got in from work. 
Guess what? Still capped at 40mbps. 
At the time of posting, my profile on my PN account:
Estimated line speed:73Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.)  - Checked on 2015-08-09 22:58:59
Current line speed:78 Mb
What's happening please? 
btwholesale speed test confirms the half speed and I can't do the tap 3 test as username speedtest@speedtest_domainconnect doesn't connect to http://test3.speedtest.btwholesale.com.
Please, please, resolve this for me. 
Thanks in advance.
Nobody
Community Veteran

I have managed to track this down to the router.  If directly connected to the modem on a PPPoE connection then the speed is unrestricted.
NoZephy
Rising Star

What router is this?
I remember trying an older BT Homehub 3 to replace the PN Sagecom before getting my Billion router and for some reason the speed capped out at 40Mbps while having it connected to a Huawei modem.
Nobody
Community Veteran

It's a Billion 7800N.  If the URL filter is switched on the speed is limited. I read that the same would occur if QoS is switch on.