Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive upload speed reduction

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Massive upload speed reduction

Could you post the full results from a BT diagnostic speed test please: http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/PerformanceTesterWS/diagnostics.do I'm wondering what that will say for your upstream IP Profile.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
DigitalBoy
Dabbler

No problem!
And happy new year everyone Smiley
NedLudd
Grafter

Something amiss with that BTW test site spoon w!
Download is consistent with OOKLA but upload isn't! For me OOKLA returns 18.94 and BTW returns 2.62.
Geoff,
York.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The quick test as jelv suggested always screws up the upload speed result which is why it is only used for the IP profile
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

... which confirms that the line is correctly provisioned as 20Mbps upload.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
DigitalBoy
Dabbler

Just a thought - close to where I live BT/Openreach replaced the full cluster of cabinets and did quite a bit of work in the spot. I don't think it's the actual cabinet I'm connected too - these are the quite large ones that I presume others including the one I'm connected to branch off from? But I'm wondering if this may have something to do with it? Thinking back, it would have been around that sort of time when the work was carried out that coincided with my upload drop.
Apologies if I'm clutching at straws here!
DigitalBoy
Dabbler

Well this is interesting!
I've had a couple of calls from a Plusnet representative this afternoon explaining what has happened and quite frankly I'm not amused.
Apparently, when signing up to Fibre on the 38/10 option back in May, I was somehow actually given a deal on an ADSL product. Quite how this happens I have no idea. Then in December this was rectified during an attempt to solve why I had the massive upload speed drop off and I was put onto the 40/2 product! And now, because my line will not support Fibre Extra, there's nothing they can do about it! With regards to the drop off taking place in November, they suggest a possible fault initially causing the problem.
I think I'm quite within my rights to be unhappy about this? For the initial cock up on Plusnet's part to somehow keep me on an ADSL price/package (which is bemusing enough seeing as I paid more than when on the ADSL package!) but then to change my supposed product without telling me and then lead me a merry dance for two months all the while knowing it was their fault.
Surely I'm within my rights to walk away with no penalty after all this? I certainly wouldn't have accepted a 2mb upload speed back in May.
Anyway, apologies if I'm moaning - I just though the details of this particular issue may be of interest to some of you, particularly those who added comments.
DigitalBoy
Dabbler

Excellent - And now I've been charged £5 more!  Roll_eyes
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Quote from: DigitalBoy
Apparently, when signing up to Fibre on the 38/10 option back in May, I was somehow actually given a deal on an ADSL product. Quite how this happens I have no idea. Then in December this was rectified during an attempt to solve why I had the massive upload speed drop off and I was put onto the 40/2 product!

Doesn't sound right to me.
5th May 2015 11:58:23Pending Provisioned Service 'WBC FTTC Annex A 20Mbit/s Up, 40Mbit/s Down, Standard Stability' added as a part of Account Change process
19th May 2015 15:38:00Received response code #530 with message: 'Your order is now completed successfully'
29th May 2015 11:23:53Provisioned Service 'WBC FTTC Annex A 20Mbit/s Up, 40Mbit/s Down, Standard Stability' added as a part of Account Change process

Back in May the account was provisioned as 40/20 (Recorded on the account profile). Not 40/2 or ADSL2+
Looking in to this, I see we were only charging for an ADSL product and this was rectified in December.
I'm speaking to a colleague to try and get more info on this.
Quote from: DigitalBoy
Excellent - And now I've been charged £5 more!   Roll_eyes

Although you've been charged £5 more on this months bill, on the flip side of that, we've been charging you £5 less than we should have been for the previous 7 months invoices Roll_eyes
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
DigitalBoy
Dabbler

I must admit, I thought it sounded very odd too - but I can only go on what is told to me. The person who contacted me yesterday was link:csa removed if that helps delve into the confusion?
It's all looking like very much of a mess Harry - from start to finish.
adie:red CSA name removed as per link:rules ]
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I can see you've raised a complaint online literally seconds after my post was made (So I'm assuming you'd done this before seeing my post ;))
I'm going to escalate that to myself since I'm already dealing with this for you off the back of this thread.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
DigitalBoy
Dabbler

It was yeah! - I almost thought you'd replied after seeing my complaint!  Smiley
I appreciate you taking the time to help deal with this Harry.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Not a problem Smiley
For what it's worth, I'm pretty confident I've found the cause of the problem after reading through some of your more recent posts.
When the account change went through, the package and the speed profile were updated correctly from what I can see (This is why I didn't notice the problem on my initial responses in December). Other than the fact that we were still billing for ADSL, not Fibre (I'd not seen this previously as I didn't see any reason to check the billing, considering everything else was correct and there was no complaint surrounding the billing side of things)
It looks like on 27/12/15, a package change was put through (To the same package) to correct the billing. This did work, as you're now being billed for a fibre package instead of ADSL. Unfortunately because this package changed was put through after 40/2 was rolled out, the account is now capped Sad
I've passed the account details to a colleague who is currently looking in to this and seeing if they can fix this and as soon as they get back to me, I'll make sure to update the ticket on your account.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
DigitalBoy
Dabbler

Thanks for the update  Smiley
What do you reckon my chances are of a happy outcome for all involved?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'll make sure it's on 40/10 one way or another.
It's just a case of how exactly I'm going to do it. I have a work around I can put in place if my colleague isn't able to fix it Wink
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet