cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive speed loss on second interface.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Massive speed loss on second interface.

I logged into my router this morning to add a new machine to the network when I spotted this:

Speed Drop!

Needless to say I'm not that impressed anyone at Plusnet have any comments?

13 REPLIES 13
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Massive speed loss on second interface.

Not sure what you want us to say? It looks like something has caused the speed to drop, if you can PM me with which line it is I'll test it and see if there's anything obvious though.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You’ve said exactly what I was hoping to hear, i.e. it’s not right and needs looking in to so thanks @Chris PM sent.

Chris
Legend

Can you run through the fault checker on that account for me please, https://faults.plus.net

Testing the line has found an issue so once you've completed the fault check I'll get this raised and reported.

Description Impairment in copper joint detected most likely close to customer premises. Please continue to submit a trouble report.
Main Fault Location CA
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 46.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 16.2 Mbps

Resolution/Recommendation: Please report fault to BTW for OR investigation.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Done, and ticket raised.

Chris
Legend

Great thanks, I'll go get that pushed through and reply shortly.

Chris
Legend

Here are the connection logs FYI

Chris
Legend

Ticket updated, we're being asked for an engineer visit. Can you reply to the ticket with the info asked and I'll pick this up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Done, and thanks for that graph, didn't know it was that bad. The (dis)advantage of have two connections.

Chris
Legend

Can you let me know when you want me to try and get one booked, or is it just asap?

Anonymous
Not applicable

BTOR Guy left some time ago, with the following result having reset the port (I think that's what he said).

BTOR Result

Apparently if I'm not happy with this I've to arrange for a 'Fibre Line Boost' to arrange for a UG engineer to come along and re-make every connection! I know I can be a bit of a git at times but I'm not that bad (yet). I'll wait for now and see if there's any degradation on the line and take it from there, so thanks to @Chris for a speedy result.

Chris
Legend

It's looking better, not quite up to full speed but definitely an improvement. Keep an eye on it and let's see how it goes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris  - Logging in to the router I now see this.

Much Better

So I have no complaint (for the moment at least) Smiley

Chris
Legend

Ah excellent Smiley