Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive speed loss on fibre

FIXED
Dahnak
Dabbler

Massive speed loss on fibre

Since we had a brief power outage last week my fibre broadband speed has dropped by almost 50%. My router sync rates are normal for the up to 40Mb with sync rates of 39970/9995 but download speeds are only getting to just under 20Mb with speedtest getting only 18Mb down. I have attached my router sync details and the speed test results to this post.

The Speedtest was conducted using an ethernet cable from my pc to the router with wifi disabled and no other device connected.

anybody have any ideas?

Darren

5 REPLIES 5
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Massive speed loss on fibre

Hello @Dahnak,

Thanks for getting in touch today and we are sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing.

I have a checked your connection and our test are showing feedback on the line which is usually caused by internal wiring or equipment.

I would recommend ruling out internal wiring first by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the speed improves.

How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

If the problem still persists please leave you equipment in the test socket and get back in touch here, as we will see if the feedback is still present and replace the router.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Dahnak
Dabbler

Hi @SammyM

I have plugged my Plusnet Hub One directly into the test socket with no phone plugged in, again syncing at my full fibre speed, using ethernet i am still getting the same speed results at around half my download, I have attached the speed test results

Thanks for your help

Darren

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Dahnak,

Thanks you for confirming that for me I really appreciate it. I have now organised a replacement to be sent for you and will be with you within 3 to 5 working days.

Please let me know if the issue still persists after that point.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fix

@Dahnak

Can you try a single disconnect/reconnect of the router now and let me know what speeds you're getting? I don't think a new router is going to help here, the issue was the speed profile on your account was set incorrectly. I've updated that and after you start a new connection, the speeds should be back to where you expect them.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Dahnak
Dabbler

@Chris thanks a lot my speed is back to normal Smiley

Darren