Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive speed drops in the evening

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Massive speed drops in the evening

I don't think TT provide broadband unless they have LLU at the exchange - they certainly don't offer anything in my area.

stevebezzer
Grafter

I have no clue what LLU is I do not work for TalkTalk . The topic of conversation is that I no longer get any speed drops having moved from this supplier. Plusnet blamed my equipment when it clearly wasn’t my equipment at all.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@stevebezzer wrote:
It’s on exactly the same exchange as Plusnet we’re using, nothing has changed just the supplier

Yes, so the 'last mile' from the exchange will be the same, but the backhaul network will be different!

Now looks even more like a BT Network issue.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@stevebezzer wrote: I have no clue what LLU is I do not work for TalkTalk .  I no longer get any speed drops having moved from this supplier.

LLU - Local loop unbundling. Means Talk Talk have their own network / equipment in the exchange. Your house pair go back to the exchange and then go onto the Talk Talk network. So sounds like it was an OR problem. At least you're sorted.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@idonno 

I assume @stevebezzer is on VDSL, in that case the copper pair will go to the PCP, and the exchange.

The copper will link to the DSLAM from the PCP, and then its fibre to the exchange.

There are nice diagrams here

https://kitz.co.uk/adsl/fttc.htm

Subscriber lines using ADSL go to the exchange, and may or may not go via a PCP.

In the exchange there is ISP equipment for ADSL, not sure if there is any requirement for ISP equipment for VDSL.

If that is the case as he is on TT, with no issues, and if he is using the same backhaul as all others subscribers from different ISP's then the issue is further down the circuit from the exchange.

stevebezzer
Grafter

I am on VDSL through copper wire, Plusnet originally took over the exact same port as TT and as soon as they activated it I had evening drops in speed. At no point would Plusnet admit it was anything beyond the exchange. 3 engineers out at the wrong time when the speeds were fine, port changes that made zero difference so to me it would suggest something beyond the exchange but they wouldn’t even entertain that.