Massive speed drops in the evening

stevebezzer
Grafter

Re: Massive speed drops in the evening

Try it now it’s not working again, down to 4mb
stevebezzer
Grafter

And still it drops I’m on 4G again. No issues at all last week with Talktalk. I’ll definitely be reverting back or looking for a new provider, really poor service and experience. Telling me my internet is ok when it’s clearly not. I’ve tested all this from a wired connection straight from the router. If you can’t see a pattern happening here then there’s no hope.
stevebezzer
Grafter

I’m on 19mb now up and down it goes
stevebezzer
Grafter

It’s 20:19 and it’s dropped down 5mb to 25mb your telling me this isn’t a pattern
stevebezzer
Grafter

Its now 21:39 and my speed is down to 11mb, this is all wired! I take it you have no interest in this issue Plusnet?

stevebezzer
Grafter

It's 21:47 and now I'm down to 6mb wired, still waiting for some comments here

abbiati50
Grafter

exactly same problem here

come 6 to 7 pm  speed drop even to 0.5 mb at times.

frequents cuts to connection throughout the day

browsers crashing reporting 'resolving host' problems

tested connected to my mobile phone wi fi and none of these occurs

is a mess to be honest

stevebezzer
Grafter

Worse thing is they don’t even bother to reply, I feel for all those tied into a contract, this is definitely capping at peak times. I’ll be posting my speeds onto Trustpilot cause Plusnet show no interest. I’m contacting them now I’m going to go with another provider, I’ve had enough and it’s only been a week
abbiati50
Grafter

i been with plus net for 20 years; never seen this bad

shame as if do not get sorted; and i am tired of keeping ticketing and get no resolution; even had bt engineer coming; is an utter mess

stevebezzer
Grafter

I was told last Friday that I was able to leave with no fees as I was still able to change my mind. I called them today and they said they want £156 to cancel as that person misinformed me. I’ve been duped by their staff and now potentially stuck with this issue. I can’t believe that they treat customers in this manner. I’ve bought something and it doesn’t work, I’ve done everything within my power to get it sorted and it’s still the same. Why should I have to pay for something that doesn’t work. I’ve been with talktalk 12 years and thought maybe it’s time to change. I should have stuck with them.
Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi @abbiati50,

I am so sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Broadband.

Your line is currently syncing at a speed of 60.9 Mbps and your line has not physically dropped over the last 16 days.

This would suggest to me that you may be experiencing Wi-Fi issues, together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in speed faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

I understand you've said that you are sick of raising tickets with no resolution and I am so sorry if you have been made to feel that we have not resolved these issues to your satisfaction, but as far as I am able to see there are no open speed fault tickets on your account that have not been discussed further with you and none that have not had the appropriate resolution offered, so I would ask that if you believe there is still an issue ongoing that we should look into for you that you raise the fault ticket and allow us to look into it further for you once again.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
stevebezzer
Grafter

You’re replying back to the wrong person, it’s me that has the issues and my network is no where near capable of 60mb the max I can get is 30mb? 🤦🏻 This service goes from bad to worse now you’re helping someone else out
abbiati50
Grafter

Thanks for replay buttercup
Speed drop at peak hours evening between 7 to 11 pm during the day is mostly fine
The connection dropping has now become a resolving host issue often pages do not open reporting dns error
I am connected with an ethernet cable as for some reason wi fi is a real pain especially when connection speed drop in the evening
Put already lots of tickets also engineer come
Built checked and they say is ok
And tickets closed
Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

This service goes from bad to worse now you’re helping someone else out

@stevebezzer I can assure you that I was not responding to the incorrect person, although I do apologise if it has come across in this manner.

I can see several of my colleagues have already discussed with you what may be going on and advised what our tests are able to see, and the customer above was also clearly experiencing an issue that we would like to respond to try and assist them, just as we have already several times with yourself in this thread.

I understand that this is a frustrating issue, I can see you have spoken with agents in our Technical Support team and your issue is in hand with our Faults team who are looking into this further for you already and will update you in due course. As my colleagues have already said, together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don't have a phone line or broadband connection meaning there may be a delay in speed faults being fixed.

@abbiati50, I understand that you have raised faults in the past but as I said in my previous post I cannot see any point where these were not handled in the appropriate manner for the information we had at that time. If you would like us to look into it further, I would definitely recommend raising another ticket at faults.plus.net.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

If the line sync is OK (as claimed by Plusnet), then the problem may be DNS resolution (it is a common problem). As a test of that you could change the DNS setting on your PC to use an alternative DNS resolver, such as 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare), or 8.8.8.8 (Google), and see if that helps.