cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive fluctuation in speeds - hardwire and wifi

thehooley

Massive fluctuation in speeds - hardwire and wifi

I'm hoping this post my elicit a response that seems to be sadly lacking on twitter (it's been over a month on there).

Essentially my connectivity is massively fluctuating from anything between 2 and 50mb.  I've tested on the same time of day, same number of devices etc. and one day it's dreadful and the next it works.  Now I know there will be variances but there should never be an occasion where I am seeing sub 3mb download.

I've tried changing the wi-fi channel, separating 2.4 and 5ghz, I've hardwired my laptop, console and TV.  Basically I have exhausted all the help I can find online and need some assistance from plusnet.  Next step is to invest in some sort of mesh system but I'm not massively keen to do so.

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Massive fluctuation in speeds - hardwire and wifi

I've hardwired my laptop, console and TV

If the problem still exists on a hardwired device, then a mesh system isn't going to help.

I'm afraid that getting speed faults investigated is not a priority for either Openreach or PlusNet in the current situation. Priority is being given to people with no phone or broadband.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Massive fluctuation in speeds - hardwire and wifi

Hi @thehooley

I'm sorry that you're having problems with your speed and for the inconvenience that this is causing.  Together with our network partners at Openreach, we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in speed faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team