cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major issue, should have been activated yesterday, no signal at all..

Varin

Major issue, should have been activated yesterday, no signal at all..

Hi there, I have already raised a fault and contacted your representatives although nobody could really give me any details or a timeframe... I was transfering from Talk Talk as their service and speeds were nightmarish and I have heard a lot of good stuff about you. 

The activation date was the 9th of Feb, Talk Talk line went dead yesterday so I plugged in the Plus.net router and my landline phone. There was no signal when I picked the phone up and router could not connect to the broadband neither.

I have contacted you guys and raised a ticket, I have been told that you ran test on the line and that everything seems fine, then next person told me that there is definitely an issue with the line. Now I don't really know where I am, I've been told that the issue is "being resolved" but nobody can tell me how long it is going to take. 

I need internet for work/study/Counter Strike Smiley The main reason I wanted to transfer was the fact that it should be relatively painless. It seems like I have not been connected to the exchange at all. Please, could you update me or escalate it further?Huh

8 REPLIES 8
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Major issue, should have been activated yesterday, no signal at all..

It looks like there's a fault externally on the line.

We've raised that and we'll get it fixed as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Varin

Is there any timeframe? Is it likely that this issue will be resolved this weekend?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I've checked your fault report and I can see that your fault has reached past point of no return, which indicates an engineer should be assigned shortly. I expect it to either be today or Monday.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Varin

That was quick! An engineer from BT Openreach just turned up, seems like it is an issue with either the cabinet outside my house or the cable pole. He's checking that now. If its tge cabinet then it might be an easy fix, if its the pole he might have to wait for the cherry picker which might not be available today. Will keep all the interested parties updated here Smiley
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Awesomeness, Thumbs_Up thanks for the update.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Varin

Ok, so BT Engineer had to call in a mate to help him with the cable pole. One of the two cables on my line was corroded and some connector had to be replaced. He tested the line afterwoods and since I'm about 20 meters away from the cabinet, I'm getting nearly full 80/20 Smiley

There was a little issue with getting the router to connect, I had to input my details manually as the automated setup would not work. Currently testing it, about to launch Counter Strike GO to check my ping and see if there will be any interruptions.

Overall I am very bloody happy that someone at plus.net managed to get the BT Openreach engineer here on Saturday and fixed the whole issue, brilliant customer service! I'd buy you guys a beer if you are ever in Newbury Cheesy

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Yay, thanks for the update. I've checked the engineer notes and yeah there appeared to be a high resistance fault on the DP.

Haha, I'd love to take the credit Grin but I think it was more of luck that there was pretty good engineer availability in your area.

Happy you're back up and running at a pretty nice speed.

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Welcome both to Plusnet & this excellent community forum. From my experience the first class service you have received has been the norm in the nearly 5 years that I've been a Plusnet customer. Smiley