cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Madasafish Fibre + moving House

Cogin
Grafter

Madasafish Fibre + moving House

Yes I'm a MAAF customer that's got fibre and very pleased I am with it.
My problem is that I'm moving, the area I'm moving to has FTTC up and running and I thought that it would be possible just have my connection & package moved to my new house.So today I phoned customer solutions and the agent at first flatly refused to believe I was a fibre customer with MAAF and then said there was no way he could arrange to connect my new address to fibre as a MAAF customer I would need to transfer to Plusnet.
The  problem with that is that back in the mists of time I was a freenetname customer that had a free domain that was paid for and renewed by the company. Via many takeovers and mergers I have ended up a MAAS/Plusnet customer who have been meeting the conditions of my original deal. If I transfer across to Plusnet  as a new customer all of the inclusive extras would be lost.
I have begun to think that if I have to move my domain to someone else I might as well change broadband providers as well even BT (yes I know they own Plusnet) have some reasonable deals.
It seems what I thought was a simple problem with a simple solution is in fact complicated.
Anyone got any thoughts on what would be best. 
4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Madasafish Fibre + moving House

Quote from: Cogin
The  problem with that is that back in the mists of time I was a freenetname customer that had a free domain that was paid for and renewed by the company. Via many takeovers and mergers I have ended up a MAAS/Plusnet customer who have been meeting the conditions of my original deal. If I transfer across to Plusnet  as a new customer all of the inclusive extras would be lost.

You could ask for the Freenetname account to be downgraded to Justmail, that way you'd retain your MAAF extras etc.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Cogin
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
You could ask for the Freenetname account to be downgraded to Justmail, that way you'd retain your MAAF extras etc.
Thanks for replying Bob.
That wont work for me I'm used to fibre speeds and need broadband access so I guess I am going to have to move across to Plusnet unlimited fibre and pay the extra for hosting my domain. I remember when the trial was running and I asked about unlimited with MAAF I was told I needed to move across to Plusnet and it would be simple to arrange as it was only an internal move but I negotiated a usage increase for free instead.
The thing is a PSTN cease has now been placed on my line I move on the 20th August so I suppose the only way forward would be to allow my MAAF service to terminate as they can't transfer their fibre connection to my new address even though it's available in the area as they don't have a fibre product .Then join Plusnet as a new customer when my BT phone line is connected. Unless you can think of a better way of doing it.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: Cogin
The thing is a PSTN cease has now been placed on my line I move on the 20th August so I suppose the only way forward would be to allow my MAAF service to terminate as they can't transfer their fibre connection to my new address even though it's available in the area as they don't have a fibre product .Then join Plusnet as a new customer when my BT phone line is connected. Unless you can think of a better way of doing it.

My proposal is to register a Plusnet account at the new address (phone and broadband) and request that your Madasafish account is downgraded to Justmail for a pound or two each month. This allows you to keep the Freenetname domain at no additional cost whilst retaining your current methods of accessing email etc.
It's not outside of the realms of possibility to provision a MAAF account on Fibre, but you'll probably be expected to move your broadband provision to Plusnet at some point anyway so why not now when you've the opportunity to grab the new customer discounts etc? Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Cogin
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
My proposal is to register a Plusnet account at the new address (phone and broadband) and request that your Madasafish account is downgraded to Justmail for a pound or two each month. This allows you to keep the Freenetname domain at no additional cost whilst retaining your current methods of accessing email etc.

Thanks for that its a great idea especially if MAAF is disappearing. I believe the agent opened a ticket so I'll reply to that asking for the downgrade to just mail to take place on the 20th August.