cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacBook Pro keeps dropping WiFi Plusnet hub one

mikep72

MacBook Pro keeps dropping WiFi Plusnet hub one

After the massive Plusnet problems last week I have been struggling to connect my mid 2010 MacBook Pro to WiFi. It works for a couple of a days then keeps failing to connect. I then have to restart my router then it works ok for a couple of day then the problems starts again. All other devices (phones, MacBook Air etc) connects without a problem. I have tried the MacBook Pro on other WiFi networks no problem. I have reformatted the hard drive and assigned it a static IP address all resulting in the same result. Is there anything else I can do? Please help. Thanks. It’s auto assigned to 5ghz network.
3 REPLIES
bill888
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 24

Re: MacBook Pro keeps dropping WiFi Plusnet hub one

Have you tried splitting 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi networks, and renaming 5 ghz wifi network? 

I believe other macbook owners have reported similar symptoms in the past.

Adv.Setting-Wireless-5GHz.jpg

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/td-p/1351950

Then connect the macbook to either 2.4 or 5 GHz to see if it makes a difference.

mikep72

Thanks I will give that a go. It has defaulted to 5ghz so I will put it on 2.4ghz.
mikep72

Are the apple devices that have defaulted to the 5 ghz network to put them on the 2.4 ghz network? I have also noticed that my iPhone doesn't pick up wificalling since switching over to the new hub, will putting this on the 2.4 fix this as well?

Thanks in advance.