cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Surface Wobbly WIFI Connection

henryscat

MS Surface Wobbly WIFI Connection

HI,

My wife is connecting her surface pro 7 to the plusnet one hub.    When using teams shes having major drop out issues and problems running you tube videos  plus getting the weak signal message in teams.   When running the speed tool over the wifi all is fine.  I've read some articles about the surface and connecting to wifi.

Anyone else had something like this?  if so how did you solve the problem.

many thanks,

Paul

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.

4 REPLIES 4
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: MS SURFACE WOBBLY WIFI CONNECTION

Hi Paul,

Just to make sure we go down the right path and the broadband’s not dropping, does the light on your router remain blue or does that change colour by itself? 

If that’s OK, try the steps described here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966/highlight/true#...

Let us know how it goes. 

henryscat

Hi, I have a solid blue light, router works as expected with a regular laptop and a phone
Cheers
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Have you tried the steps described above btw?

henryscat

HI, in the end I got hold of an adapter and used an actual cable connection to the router.    it just dropped the connection while in teams saying (no internet connection).   There was one.

looking on the web there seems many suggestions specifically for the surface including mac filtering.

thanks

Paul