cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower than expected speeds and Wi-Fi dropouts

dadandpaul17

Lower than expected speeds and Wi-Fi dropouts

We're at about 14 months into our 18 month contract and at first we were getting speeds of around 50 Mbps down this has declined over the past year to whereas now we are lucky to get 30 Mbps. Our speeds are now lower than we were getting on our old ISP before switching to Plusnet. This is on the unlimited fibre extra package, after doing some research today it seems like we're getting the speeds of the normal unlimited fibre package but paying the unlimited fibre extra price. I've attached some screenshots of this too, mainly looking at advertised speeds and the fact that both fibre packages minimum guaranteed speeds are higher than the guaranteed speed in my account page, on top of this over the past 6 months or so, the Wi-Fi will drop out on all devices for around 2 minutes 3-4 times a day. There's an offer to renew my contract too which would be tempting if it wasn't for the issues mentioned above.

1 REPLY 1
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Lower than expected speeds and Wi-Fi dropouts

Hi there @dadandpaul17

Thanks for your time on the phone this afternoon, I've now created a ticket on the account with a record our discussion and the actions I've taken to resolve the matter for you. 

Thanks.