Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low upload speed

FIXED
stevehs
Grafter
Fixes: 3

Low upload speed

I have raised 2 faults recently because of disconnects and low speeds. After the first fault an engineer came and a new master socket was fitted and it seemed resolved so I closed the ticket. But then speeds dropped off again so I raised a new ticket and another engineer came (he confirmed a low upload speed) and a faulty router was diagnosed this time. After receiving the new router, achieved maximum speeds again so I closed the ticket. But after a few days (with nothing changed in my connections)  the upload speed is consistently down again to about 1.5MB but was previously 10MB. So wondered what I should do now since my internal wiring and router both have been improved, what is left that I can do? The last ticket I raised was Question #213883422.

4 REPLIES 4
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Low upload speed

Hey @stevehs

Thank you for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your service. I've sent you an email with further information in regards to further steps which need to be taken to resolve this issue. Please have a look into it and feel free to respond via your online Member Centre.

You can find the open ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=214459509

-Adam - Plusnet Leeds

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
stevehs
Grafter

Hello Adam. I just ran the test again and it's now getting 6MB up which is a surprise. Is it possible this is down to congestion in the area rather than inside my premises? I am hesitant to have a 3rd engineer visit and incur a charge as when the last engineer used his test router it gave 10MB up indicating no fault but as it was intermittent he adivsed to replace the router.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks for your response @stevehs

There is no way of knowing for sure where the source of the problem lies, however our tests do indicate that the source of the issue is close to the customer premises. It might be worth keeping an eye on it and seeing whether it improves over the next few days. If not, please feel free to reach out again and our Technical Support Team will be happy to have a fault raised at any point.

-Adam

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
stevehs
Grafter

Fix

Thanks I will continue to investigate it. I noticed that the speeds went back up to maximum whenever the engineer had switched off the router for a while. I had assumed that was a fault with the previous router, but out of curiosity I switched off the new one for a minute just now, back up tested and surprisingly I am now getting the full 10MB up through wifi.