cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low sync/line speed

KennethBaxter
Dabbler

Low sync/line speed

I opened a ticket a few weeks ago and after an engineer visit resulted in aboslutely nothing (Like i said it would) - No issues on my end or no hardware problems. - @MatthewWheeler checked yesterday and found that my sync speed needed to be re-raised but didn't follow up the ticket. I sent a tweet to ask for it to be followed up and now the person on the ticket is completely disregarding what Matthew wrote. Question ID - #134099944

I'd like to know if someone could re-raise my line speed back to what It was previously.

I used to recieve 27.5-29 Mbps before I had to purchase a static IP to avoid the new network problems

My line speed is 26 atm and I recieve below my estimates.

ss+(2016-09-12+at+07.07.45).pngss+(2016-09-28+at+06.39.24).png

2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Low sync/line speed

Your line is syncing at 27.4Mb/s, the low end of your estimate is 27.4Mb/s. I appreciate that the throughput you're seeing is below this, but the estimates are based on the sync speed (the speed your router negotiates with the cab/exchange).

Unfortunately if we were to raise this as a fault, it would either get rejected straight away, or if it got to needing an engineer visit, you'd be charged £65 as there is no fault on the service.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but as your line is synced within estimates, we can't pursue this as a fault.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: Low sync/line speed

fwiw, is your router using a microfilter plugged into a telephone 'extension' socket, or is it perhaps wired to an Openreach VDSL filtered face plate fitted to the BT master socket?

You may be able to eek a bit more speed out of the line if you use a filtered Master socket. 

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-