cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low speeds still, When the phone is fixed?

thedarkmaster
Dabbler

Low speeds still, When the phone is fixed?

Hi guys
This is getting a bit of a joke now.
Twice I've had a BT engineer out and they said there's nothing wrong with my phone line.
Why did Plusnet say my speeds should be between 60-80, when I'm getting 33?
Both time the BT engineer they fixed the problem.
I am wasting £5 a month for a service that you say you can not provide me, when in fact you said I can.
Is there a problem with my line still or have I been ripped off?

9 REPLIES 9
cedlor
Grafter

Re: Low speeds still, When the phone is fixed?

Ok my suggestion would be if  you have a ticket open  ask straight if you have been provisioned at 40/2 instaed of 80/?
If ticket is closed ask same question on "Chat"
thedarkmaster
Dabbler

There we go, forgot all about that
thedarkmaster
Dabbler

Quote from: cedlor
Ok my suggestion would be if  you have a ticket open  ask straight if you have been provisioned at 40/2 instaed of 80/?
If ticket is closed ask same question on "Chat"

The person who I spoke to on live chat said: "the sync speeds show around the 32.4 mark but the estimation, provisioned speeds should be a lot higher"
The ticket I made last time is still open, but the last engineer that came to my house said I needed a boost engineer if the problem is still there.
cedlor
Grafter

Well go back on your ticket and tell plusnet  that is what the engineer said if it does not appear on your ticket and ask them to check that you have not been set up on 40 Mbps.
BUT check your contract first that you are meant to be on 80
JasonMassey
Grafter

Did BT test your line only to your junction box on your house, or did they test to the socket the modem is connected from.
I mention as I had an issue and BT only tested to junction box outside front door of my house, BT said no issue found.  The problem still persisted and I subsequently discovered myself it was the VDSL master socket the modem was connected to.
thedarkmaster
Dabbler

Quote from: cedlor
Well go back on your ticket and tell plusnet  that is what the engineer said if it does not appear on your ticket and ask them to check that you have not been set up on 40 Mbps.
BUT check your contract first that you are meant to be on 80

It does say that the last engineer said I needed a boost engineer. Also it says I should be on fibre extra.
thedarkmaster
Dabbler

Quote from: JasonMassey
Did BT test your line only to your junction box on your house, or did they test to the socket the modem is connected from.
I mention as I had an issue and BT only tested to junction box outside front door of my house, BT said no issue found.   The problem still persisted and I subsequently discovered myself it was the VDSL master socket the modem was connected to.

They did both, He tested the line at my house, saying it passed the line test, but there was errors in the fibre part. Then he went to the green box and reset my line. The speed had improved from 20 to 33, but with the est speed of 62+ and the ticket said my line was stable I thought that there is something wrong somewhere.
cedlor
Grafter

I dont think I have any more ideas - I would update your ticket to says the speed is still poor  refer to the bit of the ticket that says you should be on
fibre extra and that a boost engineer is required and ask them when that is going to happen. YOU need to keep on top of it ,sadly,I think these days
they dont have time review outstanding tickets.
EDIT
Just read another thread maybe try switching your router off for half an hour then back on in case they have changed something but the router has not updated?
thedarkmaster
Dabbler

I will try that when I go out later on tonight  to see if it helps. Thanks for the advice Smiley
dick:quote