cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low speed issues and no answers

Saif1502

Low speed issues and no answers

Almost a month upgrade to Fiber But still getting speed issues.
Instead of 36mbps getting irregular and even below 4mbps.
I know it takes 2 weeks to settle but now about 4 weeks.
No one replies to tickets..
1 REPLY 1
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Low speed issues and no answers

Hi @Saif1502, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having speed issues as of recent. I've looked into your connection from this side and can see currently we're getting the full 40Mbps download and 10Mbps upload to your router with no signs of errors or underlying issues.
I beleive then the speed issues you're seeing could be being caused by 1 of 2 common things we see occur. The first being less likely, but when I've tested your connection I can see there's been over 1276GB of data used in the last 36 days which hints at times you may be downloading or uploading large files/downloads. I'd advise then, to make sure it's not usage that skewing your test results to run a speed test with no other devices or applications using the connection at the time to see if the speeds are closer to what we're seeing get to the router.

If you're still seeing the same speed issues after trying the above then the next more common cause of the speed issues you're seeing could relate to your connection method. By this I mean the loss of speed could be occurring due to wireless settings and interference which could potentially be improved with changes and tweaks we can advise. If then you could please run a wired speed test (whilst no other devices or applications are using the connection) to see if the speeds come in much closer to what we see reaching the rotuer.

Let us know how it goes and if either of these things get around the speed issues you've seen as we'll happily advise further with things that could help given the outcome.