cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low speed and DNS connection errors

antmandragon

Low speed and DNS connection errors

I am currently on package "Unlimited Fibre Extra" and have consistently got speeds between 60-75Mbps since September 2018.

For the past week my router has been receiving between 20000 and 21000 Kbps Downstream, with my current rate at 20955, and an Upstream rate of between 500-600 Kbps.

I am also semi-frequently receiving drops of no internet connectivity where my router will display no network, and Windows troubleshooter will report "The DNS server isn't responding". Changing my DNS settings/using a public DNS have not helped with this.

Can you please investigate why these drops are occurring as there have been no changes in my setup and this is severely impacting use.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Post released from Spam Filter and Topic moved to Fibre board.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Low speed and DNS connection errors

Hi @antmandragon

Sorry to hear that your speed has dropped and that you're having connection issues.

I can see that you've spoken to one of my colleagues and that they've raised a fault for you here. Would fully expect your speed to be restored once the fault is fixed.

If there's anything else you need, just drop us a line.

Take care

Dave