cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low speed & High ping

DW80

Low speed & High ping

Hey Plusnet, Can someone take a look at my BB please. 

We are having issues with the speed dropping and the Ping jumping.up quite high. I've attached a tracker for the past couple of days using the speed checker you suggest on your website. This is based on one person in the house using the internet. The tracker does not show a true reflection as it is generally a lot worse, Ping jumping up to 200 every few minutes- this makes online game near impossible, whilst the BB speed often drops to 16 a lot of the time.

I am aware that BB speed etc is dependent on numbers in the household, distance from exchange, telephone line quality etc. However, what we are experiencing is below our minimum guaranteed BB Speed of 34.4 and definitely the estimated peak speeds of 39-57 (which we have never seen!)

4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Low speed & High ping

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
DW80

Come on Plusnet...support needed on this

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I see you've raised a ticket on your account. Please see the reply from our support team. In the mean time, I see you have everything connected to wifi. Whilst you wait for further investigation, please try one wired connection see if issue issue is replicated as I suspect this will cure the problem.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
DW80

Hi, we have this a couple of days ago by wiring the xbox. I have also tried my laptop but the issue remains