cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low quality netflix (Netflix asked me to contact ISP)

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Low quality netflix (Netflix asked me to contact ISP)

Moderators Note

Topics merged 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
kmoffat76
Hooked

I have exactly the same issue since Saturday. On the phone just now attempting to get my IP changed also. 10mins so far and no reply.
Livia83
Hooked

@kmoffat76 I tried to call earlier but I noticed they closed at 6pm. Haven't been able to call until then. I'll have to try tomorrow. 

ldwoodward

Try leaving your router completely unplugged overnight and hopefully your up may change when you plug in in the morning
Livia83
Hooked

@ldwoodward Will try this before calling tomorrow. I did leave it off for a while earlier and the IP did change, but the issue persisted. Hopefully leaving it off overnight will help instead.

Jimbob1
Dabbler

closed at 6pm? the website clearly states support is open until 10pm. 

I also have this problem and have been on hold for 25 mins. Guess I need to call again tomorrow instead? If you have a support line then bloody well man it! 

Who is to blame here? OpenReach for limiting the IP ranges or Plusnet for allocating their users to these ranges? 

Livia83
Hooked

I guess we are looking at different parts of the website then as this is what I see on this page https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/residential/customer-services/  "9am - 6pm" 
Is this info incorrect then? 

Customer support

• 0800 432 0200 (from within the UK)
  • +44 345 140 0200 (from abroad)

9am to 6pm every dayPlease have your username and password handy.

@Jimbob1 wrote:

closed at 6pm? the website clearly states support is open until 10pm. 

Jimbob1
Dabbler

Yes we must be
Customer support

0800 432 0200 (from within the UK)
+44 345 140 0200 (from abroad)
7.30am - 10pm, every day
Please have your username and password handy.

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/residential/customer-services/
dvorak

Current hours are 8-8, there’s a banner at the top of this forum with the info.
Customer / Moderator
makkurokurosuke
Dabbler

Well, since there are so many people with this problem now, shouldn't Plusnet act on this and help without us having to contact them? Seems pointless.

dvorak

I’ve enquired to see if anything is been done - but as a customer like yourself I don’t have any special insight.
Customer / Moderator
iainshamilton
Hooked

Same issue here. Amazon Prime, NowTV and iPlayer are completely unaffected but Netflix buffers and when it does play it seems to be streaming at 720p or lower. I've tried rebooting the router but to no avail so will try calling again tomorrow. Gave in after trying to call late afternoon and being on hold for 30 min +

makkurokurosuke
Dabbler

It would be nice if someone from the actual Plusnet company saw and acknowledged this thread... I feel like we're talking to the wall

Jimbob1
Dabbler

Calling in again this morning. On hold for 30 mins so far. I wouldn’t mind if the music didn’t loop and stutter so often...

@makkurokurosuke you’re absolutely right this is clearly a widespread issue. Plusnet need to acknowledge it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jimbob1 wrote:

...I wouldn’t mind if the music didn’t loop and stutter so often...

Maybe Plusnet are streaming their stuttering hold music from Netflix ?  🤣

Seriously though, just phoning support and asking for your IP address to be changed to another DYNAMIC address will only be a temporary fix, because the next time your modem re-syncs it is very likely to change again with the risk of going back to one from the supposed bad address range.

Obviously the best solution would be for Plusnet to find out what is wrong with Netflix on their "new network" content delivery platform, but don't hold your breath waiting !.

IF this is an IP address problem, then logging into the Member Centre and signing up for a STATIC IP address, would be an immediate and permanent fix, and has been known to fix other unexplained connectivity problems (like VPN, geo-location, video buffering, etc).

Good luck to you all in getting your problems resolved,  fortunately I have a static IP and am not having any issues with simultaneously streaming two Netflix channels in full HD.

Of course, address range problems like this would disappear if Plusnet would hurry up and roll out native IPv6 on their network,  I find streaming ANY video over (tunnelled) IPv6 is faster to start and smoother to watch than the same content over Plusnet's standard IPv4 offering (especially YouTube).