Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low ip profile

FIXED
musicman2019
Hooked

Low ip profile

Hi,

I have been with plusnet with June but my speed seems to be getting slower. With my previous provider I was getting over 21 mbps download and 2 Mbps upload Now it only 17Mbps  the upland is about the same. I looked at my profile and it could be higher.  Thanks

Downstream: 17.2 Mbps
Upstream: 2.116 Mbps
10 REPLIES 10
musicman2019
Hooked

Re: Low ip profile

MIDDLETON IN TEESDALE is served by Cabinet 2

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 24.8 15.4 3.7 2 13.1 Available Available --  
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 24.4 13.8 3.7 1.8 10.1 Available Available --  

Featured Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTP Availability Date

FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available -- --  

ADSL Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 2.5 -- 1 to 4 Available -- --  
ADSL Max Up to 2 -- 1 to 3.5 Available -- --  
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available -- --  

Observed Speeds

VDSL

Max Observed Downstream Speed (Mbps) 17.99          
Max Upstream Observed Speed (Mbps) 2.05          
Observed Date 2019-12-01          

Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- --  
ADSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- --  

Premise environment

Status

Bridge Tap U            
VRI N            
NTEFaceplate N            
Last Test Date 05-12-2019          

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @musicman2019,

I'm sorry to hear that the speeds not quite achieving the most it could be. Having tested your line today I can see that the speeds are definitely at the rate you're reporting, however this is within the estimated range for your line. As such, we're unable to do much to help improve the speeds, as there isn't currently a fault with the service.

With that having been said, I would recommend setting the router up within the test socket in the property to see if this helps at all. We have a guide on how to do this here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
musicman2019
Hooked

Hi Thanks for checking the line. My router is already connected to the master socket.

I know it in the range but it is the bottem of the range and as i said before the previous provider was always above 20 and mainly 21. How do i check my ip profile? I can't see it when i try

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Is there another way.

Last time I checked it was set at 17.2 could this be reset?

Thanks

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @musicman2019,

Just to confirm, the current IP Profile is set at 17.2Mbps down, though this is the rate it should be set currently and making any changes wouldn't necessarily improve the download speed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
musicman2019
Hooked

Well it has done in the past!! If the profile is set at 17.2 my internet cannot be any faster then that even if the line can cope with a higher speed. when i have set higher my speed has increased.  So it still does not explain why i got higher speed with my other provider?

At this rate i will not be staying with plusnet. In the past you have reset my ip profile? so why not now?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @musicman2019 

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing speed problems. I think there's some confusion here about your IP profile. This isn't something we've got any control over, as it's set automatically to be just below your physical sync speed.

Your sync speed is what's determined physically between your router and the cabinet (The green box in the road). Unfortunately again we've no control over this for fibre, unlike for standard broadband where we can change the SNRM.

Upon further investigation I can see your sync speed at 18mbps which explains the IP profile, however I can also see your speeds are artificially restricted by the dynamic line management(DLM) software at the cabinet.

As line tests aren't showing any causes for this, I've arranged for a remote DLM reset to be carried out, which should be within the next 2 to 3 working days. Let us know how your speeds look by the close of play on Monday.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
musicman2019
Hooked

Hi Sorry for not getting back to you.

Yes getting better speeds now.

i know it does seem a lot but makes a big difference to us.

thanks

Connected
Connection time: 1 days, 20:16:30
Downstream: 19.72 Mbps
Upstream: 2.116 Mbps
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

No problem @musicman2019 that’s good to see your speeds are higher now. Thumbs_Up

Let us know if there’s anything else you’d need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @musicman2019 

I've tested your line and I can see your router getting a more improved speed of 24mbps so I've increased a profile on your account to reflect this. Can you reboot your router and retest your speed? You should see even higher after this. 

Upon testing your line, we're also detecting a lot of errors so we've passed this to the diagnostics team at Openreach for further investigation. Once I've got another update within the next 24 to 48 hours I'll let you know.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @musicman2019

Our suppliers have completed work to alleviate the errors and line tests are passing now.

I'm afraid this has dropped your speeds down to 18mbps from the 24mbps, I'd suspect this is because your line can't run at 24mbps without generating errors. Unfortunately as these speeds are within the current expectations of your line between 15.4mbps and 24.8mbps, there's not much we'd be able to do to investigate further.

To rule out any internal phone wiring affecting your broadband connection I'd recommend carrying out the steps Here to connect your router into what's known as the test socket which is behind the faceplate of the master socket.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet