cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low emf router advice

Low emf router advice

I would like to replace my Plusnet Hub One with a router that has a low emf (electro-magnetic frequency) output. Are there any options? Thank you 😊 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Low emf router advice

Hi @27, Welcome to the Forum.

Populating a well known search engine with "Low EMF Dual Band Router" does produce results, notably this one.

Thank you Mook.

Both for the welcome and your reply. I had seen these routers as the result of just the search you’ve mentioned and this is ideally what I want (although I’d only seen them in dollars so far, so you’ve moved me further on in that respect.)

However, as a complete beginner as far as routers are concerned, I really need to know if I can simply replace my Hub One with one of these. If I do, will it cause problems and/or affect my Plusnet service? That’s my main concern.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @27, Welcome to the Forum.

Populating a well known search engine with "Low EMF Dual Band Router" does produce results, notably this one

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@27 

Be aware that the devices featured by @Anonymous appear to be routers. The Hub One is a combined modem and router. Consequently you would also need to get a separate modem.

Edit

@Anonymous 

I wasn't trying to steel your thunder, the last post crossed with mine!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Ah! And now I’m out of my depth. Told you I was inexperienced! Explain modem please....in the context of a router.

As I’m concerned about both WiFi and EMFs, the other option I am considering  is to turn of the WiFi on my Plusnet Hub One and just use it with Ethernet cables. 

I see, however, that, while I can turn off WiFi that way (by adjusting the router settings online), I will still have EMFs to deal with!

Think I need to do more research!

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Put simply the modem converts the broadband signal coming into your home into a digital signal. The router distributes the digital signal to your devices either over wireless or Ethernet. You can turn the wireless off completely in your Hub One settings.

Ethernet will always give you the best and most reliable connection so should be used if practicable. With wireless turned off there is no EMF radiation, the modem is passive. Do come back if you need more information.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'