Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low download speeds but normal upload

FIXED
theodore80

Low download speeds but normal upload

Hi,

I would like some help with my issue. I am uploading 4 times faster than I download, so there is obviously something wrong with my connection. My upload speed is around 8Mbps and my download less than 2Mbps. I have tried to test connection speed over WiFI as well as via cable. No difference, the results very similar.

I checked my profile speed and shows the following:

Postcode:

Phone exchange:LOWER HOLLOWAY

Estimated line speed:40Mb (This may vary between 67Mb and 80Mb) - Checked on 2018-08-09 22:51:39

Current line speed:38.4 Mb

I also checked my router and it shows the following under the DSL line status:

Downstream: 39.95 Mbps Upstream: 9.999 Mbps

Could you please check why this is happening and fix it?

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Low download speeds but normal upload

Fix

Sorry to hear you're experiencing speed problems.

Our tests are showing congestion at the exchange. Additional infrastructure is needed, with an estimated resolution date of 30/11/18. We may be able to move you to a different part of the exchange depending on how far the congestion goes.

We should have an update on this if it's been successful within the next 48 hours.

Our faults team will endeavour to keep you updated via ticket 183839365, but feel free to give us a nudge over here if you don't hear back from us.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
theodore80

Hi @Gandalf,

I still haven't heard anything regarding ticket 183839365. But I checked speed and it seems better now. Not perfect but good enough.

Thanks,

Theo

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @theodore80

I'm glad to hear your speeds have now improved. Our suppliers have informed us they have completed the work to move you onto another VLAN with lower utilization.

I have also updated the ticket for you.

Please get back to us if you have any further questions.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team