cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low broadband speed

woodlands123
Dabbler

Re: Low broadband speed

Hi,ribbon was getting 30 on Sat morning when I checked. 

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @woodlands123,

Thank you for confirming the speed however, so that we can progress the fault to our suppliers we require the performance test through the BT speed tester and the diagnostics completing. If the speed test encounters an error or seems inconsistent, feel free to send us a screen shot of this performance test by attaching it to the ticket.

Once @ribbon has done this, let us know and we will pick it up as soon as possible. I have also included a full guide on the ticket here.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
woodlands123
Dabbler

Sorry but....

ribbon did all that on Sat morning as I said in a previous post. She raised a ticket and is awaiting your response. Have to say it's certainly dragging on......

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm afraid there's no record of this so it'll need carrying out again

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
woodlands123
Dabbler

I find that disappointing as I did the test and went through the procedure myself. ( ribbon is a good deal older than my 70 years) I am happy to do it all over again but if asked I shall advise ribbon that she might be better off just giving notice to plusnet. - given that this issue was raised with yourselves a long time ago now. Ribbon has been paying for a service that has not been delivered since she signed up with plusnet not a few months ago and so far the issue has not been fixed.:-(

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

We're asking for these tests, because ultimately we'd need to prove to our suppliers there's an issue since we're not finding any problems from testing the line. 

Does @ribbon experience slow speeds across multiple devices? When you're running the test, are there no other devices connected to the router and no background tasks running?

Do they experience any actual performance issues bar a small decrease in their download speed below the line speed of 40mbps?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
woodlands123
Dabbler

Well I've just been and retested Ribbons BB speed and surprise surprise its now the same as mine (38/12). Nothing different from when I tested it before but now quite fast???

The issue now is that the wifi performance is still poor. The house is a small modern house but wifi to a tablet and phone is quite weak. Have raised a fault with this. She has already tried changing wifi channel several times with no difference apparent.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Glad to hear their speeds have improved.

With regards to the wireless performance there's not much more we can suggest bar changing the channels, though it may be worth trying the steps here if you haven't already.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet