Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Line Speed

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Low Line Speed

If you don't have a test socket, you'll probably have a couple of options. Either, hire a qualified electrician to investigate the internal wiring further, or reply to this ticket and we'll arrange an engineer.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

@MatthewWheeler wrote:

Our tests are detecting a 'bridge tap' which normally points towards faulty internal wiring.

Have you been able to connect to the test socket?

A bridge tap is not really "faulty" wiring - it's the presence of perfectly fine unfiltered extension wiring. There's nothing wrong with the wires themselves.

If the sockets are connected one to another in a chain, which is unlikely if they're old, then there is no bridge tap when you connect the modem to the last socket at the end of the chain.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the clarification ejs

@SHB - I've replied to your ticket

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SHB
Hooked

Can i also note that my sync speed is currently 43.6 Mb yet every speedtest i do only shows me getting about 22 Mb. Why is this the case. I used to have at least 40 Mb when my sync speed was at this amount but for some reason the sync speed is inaccurate now.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I can't see any obvious reason for that, is that over a wired connection?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.