Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low IP Profile. What are my options?

FIXED
lorisarvendu
Grafter

Low IP Profile. What are my options?

Hi there. My speed is now down around the 40's, and my IP profile is now at 45Mbps.  What could be causing this and what can be done to speed things up again?  Enclosed attachments showing results of BTW test.

Many Thanks

A tortoise? What's that?
You know what a turtle is? Same thing.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Low IP Profile. What are my options?

Fix

Hi there, 

Diagnostics are showing me that the sync rate and line profile are below MGALS so I'd get a fault reported: http://faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
lorisarvendu
Grafter

Had an engineer visit last week, who found no problems with my wiring and none with the route to the box. He did reset my profile and sure enough speeds have climbed back to what I would expect - around 48-50mbps.  Had an interesting chat with him, and he seemed to indicate that once your profile has dropped (either from intermittent line problems, or from powering down equipment) it won't climb back again after 10 days. In fact it won't climb back at all and will remain at that level until manually reset.

This contradicts what others have said, but since he was an actual BT engineer, he should know what he's talking about.  Or maybe he's wrong. I don't know. Can anyone give a definitive answer on this one?

A tortoise? What's that?
You know what a turtle is? Same thing.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 91

Hello @lorisarvendu,

The DLM software used to monitor your connection should have automatically removed the banding, however it looks like an engineer has to request a manual reset. A link to a guide on DLM and how it works can be found HERE.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team