Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Fibre Extra Sync Speeds

jthondapu
Hooked

Low Fibre Extra Sync Speeds

Hi

Just moved to Plusnet with fibre Extra service. My sync speeds are not upto what I have expected. 

PPPoE is up -​ Down Rate=50626Kbps, Up Rate=20000Kbps; SNR Margin Down=6.0dB, Up=6.0dB

Previou provider dsl:VDSL link Up: Down Rate=79753Kbps Up Rate=21071Kbps SNR Margin Down=13.50dB SNR Margin Up=5.60dB

Can I have GEA service test results

Regards

Jag

15 REPLIES 15
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Low Fibre Extra Sync Speeds

Hi Jag. Here's a GEA Service Test for your line.

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 50.6 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 429.8
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Low
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Profile Name 0.128M-55M Downstream 4dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2017-11-28T15:45:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 45.9 Mbps 54.9 Mbps 53.8 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 9.9 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 12.3 Mbps
Up Time 0.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 873.7 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2017-12-11T15:11:01Z 2017-12-11T15:26:01Z
Ingress Code Violation 2 2
Egress Code Violation 1 0
Errored Seconds 1 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

As your speeds are below the estimates our suppliers hold for your line, I'd run through the troubleshooting here and if you don't see an improvement, please report a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net so that we can further investigate.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jthondapu
Hooked

Thanks Gandalf. Actually, I have moved to plusnet from a other supplier and my service got active on 8th Dec. With that supplier  I was getting 78-79 up and 20 so I dont know why plusnet has a profile capped at 55 (0.128M-55M Downstream).

Even with plusnet, it was showing as 78 Mb on day one (Please see atatched ). I spoke to your colleague and he adivsed that as the srervice was new, we wait 4-5 days after the activation before we can investiagte the issue. 

I dont think there is any issue on the line from my side as I was having 78/20 from other suplier for an year now. The CPE is connected to master scoket and does not have any other equipment connected. It does not have spliter connected as the socket already has it.

Can you please review and advice ?

large.png

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum to a private staff area.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We haven't capped your speeds. The dynamic line management software in the exchange has banded your line at 55/10.

As your sync rate is below estimates I'd recommend reporting this to us as a fault so we can arrange an engineer.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jthondapu
Hooked

Thanks Gandalf. I am still confused.

As discussed, I am new customer to plusnet signed up for fibre extra with speed up to 76 then how come it has banded as 55/10 from day one. In my opinion this is a provisioning fault/issue or mess up from previous provider and plusnet should raise this at appropriate level and sort it for me please?

Originally this was supposed to be actIvated on 9th but activated on 8th Dec so may be related.

I have already raised a case but your colleague said we should wait 4-5 days before we can go back to openreach for reprofiling or setting correct profile of 80/10.

Please help.

Regards
Jag
dgilbert2
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@jthondapu I would hide your phone number from the post earlier?

In the first post you mentioned Down=13.50dB, I assume that should be 3.5dB?

I moved to PN a couple of weeks ago which caused me to loose my 3dB profile, ie back to 6dB. This caused a sync speed drop also, so you might be seeing what I did. In which case I believe its a waiting game for DLM to move things back again Shocked

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Jag.

From looking at your upstream sync of 20mbps, we can see your service is correctly provisioned on 80/20.

It's possible that it's as dgilbert2 has said. If you were on a 3db profile before you joined us, the speed loss could be due to the line being reset upon migration to another provider.

All we know at the moment is that your speeds are below the speed estimates for your line, so if the troubleshooting hasn't improved things, then I'd recommend raising a fault using the link above so we can progress this to an engineer.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jthondapu
Hooked

Thanks Gandalf. 

I spoke to your tech team the other day and they confirm there is an issue with profile being applied but as by connection was new, I need to wait before they can investigate. It has been 10 days now and my connection has synced with 49/20 speed on day one and remain connected for 10 days without disconnection.

As explained my Previous provider dsl:VDSL link Up: Down Rate=79753Kbps Up Rate=21071Kbps

I think my service is degraded from what I was getting from my previous service provider when I expected better or similar. Can you please fix this and make me happy?

I have raised fault using the link as suggested and hope this get resolved to my satisfaction.

Jag

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We've got no control over the profile that DLM sets I'm afraid.

As your sync speed is below estimates we can arrange an engineer to investigate that.

I'll update you on ticket 164371289 soon.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jthondapu
Hooked

Thanks Anoush.

The openreach engineer  did come and did some test on my socket and confirmed there is no issue. He checked at cabinet and confirmed that port speed is 80 but I am stilling syncing at 46 dowload. I told him that I use to sync well above 60 and there is an issue.

He said there is no issue and it could be becuase of distance from the cabent. I dont belive all this as I was geting well above 60 and I also estimate by disatcne from cabinet is around 150 to 250 which should give the sync speed above 70. Even if we go by GEA service test estimation of 430, the sycn speed between 60 to 70 based on industry standrad (Check attached).

I have also attached loggest possible esteminated distance from cabinate to my home. I have phycially mapped it back. Please see.

Somthing is wrrong with profile and need someone technically sound review and understand the issue to solve it.

Please see log from my previous connection

00:02:36 01 Jan.:WAN: SENSING AUTO VDSL     

00:01:41 01 Jan.ptm0.101:VLAN VLAN_DATA connected    

00:01:40 01 Jan.:connection ATM_TV disconnected.[ERROR_USER_DISCONNECT]   

00:01:40 01 Jan.:connection ATM_DATA disconnected.[ERROR_USER_DISCONNECT]   

00:01:40 01 Jan.dsl:VDSL link Up: Down Rate=60753Kbps Up Rate=21071Kbps SNR Margin Down=13.50dB SNR Margin Up=5.60dB00:00:31 01 Jan.:WAN: ethernet as LAN     

02:44:53 27 Nov.dsl:VDSL Link Down: duration was 126718 seconds    

02:44:53 27 Nov.:VLAN VLAN_DATA disconnected    

Please help else I dont have any option to look for somthing else.

Regards

Jag

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Looks like one of our Faults Agents has raised this back to the suppliers, you should receive an update on Ticket 164371289 shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
jthondapu
Hooked

Thanks Lauren. For clarity of the case, I have attached the possible cable routes from cabinet to my house (scientific not guessing) and expected speed range as I don't want Openreach to come back to say everything is optimal and the speed customer is getting is optimal and distance from cabinet is impacting the speed. No one obviously can explain how I was syncing at higher speeds for an year before move assuming the house and cabinet magically did not move their positions overnight.

Hope to get proper and technical resolution or next step.

Jag

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Jag.

From reading the engineer notes, it does look like your line is too long to support more speeds. Sadly, there isn't much we can do apart from arrange another engineer visit for a second opinion.

Sync speeds can drop for a variety of reasons. The most common is cross-talk which is basically interference from other connections as they're added into the cabinet.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jthondapu
Hooked

Hi Anoush

Unfortunately that is what I have expected to come back. To be fair the engineer did spend quite period of time but still did not manage to answer my question how I was sycinig at more than 60Mbs before I moved to plusnet.

His kit is estimating the distance as 545 meters, your GEA test estimates 430 meters.

At this point, I think I will leave it but disapointed for paying for the service which I will never can get it.

Regards

Jag

jthondapu
Hooked

FYI..Even if we go by the distance, upto 600 meters would have given s speed around 60 Mbs which is not the case now.

Jag