cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost internet HELP

Proflex857
Hooked

Lost internet HELP

Hi, newbie here, have been with PN for a few months now and on 14/01 my internet connection disappeared during the afternoon.( phone all ok still) I called support and the guy tried everything for over an hour but couldn’t find a fix - he ended by saying it would be passed to the faults team who may take 3-5 days to respond....I have an open ticket....
The orange light is on and the orange b comes on and off randomly on hub one.
We tried logins etc on hub, test socket on master socket etc but nothing changed.
Would it be worth trying a different hub? Any ideas as I need this connection back on ASAP.
Thanks.
12 REPLIES 12
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Lost internet HELP

Hi @Proflex857

I've picked this fault up for you and provided an update here. If you could let us know when you've responded we'll get that booked in for you.

Best wishes

Dave

Proflex857
Hooked

Hi, I have responded to your message on the open ticket, thanks.
Proflex857
Hooked

@RandallFlagg

Hi, I have responded to your message on the open ticket, thanks.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Sorry to see the issues. It looks like my colleagues have replied before me and arranged a visit for you. Let us know if you experience any problems after the engineer visit.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Proflex857
Hooked

@plusnettony

Thanks dude, crossing my fingers that the engineer can find the source of the issue and get us back online - maybe sort the woeful speed out too. 🤔

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

How have things been since the engineer visit? Reading the engineer notes there's no definitive cause given for the fault but it looks like they've replaced the lead-in cabling going into your property and you're back up and running now.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Proflex857
Hooked

@Gandalf

Hi, things are much better as we now have a connection, speaking to the engineer he had to go the cab that feeds our property and have the port changed over as it would not authorise correctly and was looking like it was even though it physically wasn’t? He did replace some of the down lead cable into the house for good measure as his test was showing some slight problem still which then cleared.
The speed still seems a little slow but hoping that will settle down going forward.
Thanks for all the support team help with this it has been great. 👍🏻
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the overview, I think the engineer may have meant that the port wouldn't 'authenticate' but it's good to see that changing you to a different port got you back online and they did some maintenance on the line while they were there.

I've tested your line and the tests are showing a lot of errors which would likely be causing the slow speeds you're experiencing so I've raised this back to our suppliers to investigate further and I'll let you know when I know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Proflex857
Hooked

@Gandalf
I have replied to the ticket with suitable times for the engineer to revisit.
Thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers, I'll respond back soon

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Proflex857
Hooked

@Gandalf
Thanks again for all your help on this, I find it strange that BT engineers keep reporting that no faults are found in their reports when they clearly find and fix them when out at my property?
Thanks for all you are doing with chasing the errors,
Martin.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Martin, I'll look into this and respond to your fault ticket shortly. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet