cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost connection

Santosh43

Lost connection

Hi, 

My connection is dropping quite frequently since last few days, I dont have to do anything to resolve but it is annoying me a lot as I can' work with such intermittent loss of internet connectivity.

I did restarted my router few times and also did router reset as per recommendation over the phone.. Still i have seen it dropped few times after i have reset my router. is there someone can help to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Lost connection

Welcome to the Forum @Santosh43

Are you dropping your connection to the rest of the world, or are you dropping the wifi connection to the router? If the latter, then Plusnet people are usually in the Forum a bit later and, if they are, they may well pick this up. If they don't, or if you want to move things along, report as a fault.

To report a fault, run though the checks at https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ and report a fault at https://www.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults It takes a bit of your time but costs you nothing, and makes Plusnet aware of your issue. They have to look at it, and the report gets the issue into the queue for action.

There have been problems with the BT speed test (I'm not sure whether they are resolved) but try it with Internet Explorer. If there are problems, report speeds from an alternative speed test such as at speedtest.net.

Please let us know how you get on.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Santosh43 welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues. I can see a number of drops occurred yesterday however our tests aren't detecting what could be causing this. 

Can you follow the steps @BrightonRock has provided for you? If you let us know once you have completed the troubleshooting and reported the fault, we will get this picked up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Bond0069
Hooked

I've had the same thing.

I had my broadband switched on on Tuesday. The router has lost connection at least 30 times in 2 days.

I came from BT and lost connection 3 times in 18 months.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear that @Bond0069

I'll reply to your own thread shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Santosh43

Thanks for the followup guys, I have done all the actions still seeing the connection drop few times. Sky has also confirmed that they are seeing the drops to when I am trying to watch catch up TV.

What are the next steps I need to take in order to resolve this issue.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Santosh43, thanks for completing the internal checks. Can you report the fault here and let us know once you have done so please. - Lauren

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team