cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Internet Connection

Mustang

Lost Internet Connection

A week or so at around 2am my Internet connection dropped and wouldn't re-connect, went to bed and by the morning it was back and working again. This morning (9th Nov) the same thing happened, again at about 2am, however this time 15-16 hours later (6pm) it's still not back up. Tried all the usual stuff on my end, restarting everything, mashing the connect button, switching router, testing on multiple PC's and browsers, checking ringtone, etc. Nothing has changed on my end and looks fine, but can't establish a connection. I am on Plusnet Fibre Unlimited and connected to the Highway exchange.
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Lost Internet Connection

Hi,
I've just replied to your fault ticket.
From what you've described about the "concentrator not reachable" error. Powering the router off for an hour should fix this for you.
Let us know how you get on.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

don't you mean modem
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No Jim,
It's an authentication issue, the customer has mentioned that to us on the ticket and diagnostics confirm the same.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mustang

Thanks for the help guys, I have tried several times powering down the router only as well as a PC direction connection to the modem, I've tried my login details as well as two test account details I found on the forum, still no joy. Will try another time the powering down and waiting method. *crosses fingers*
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi,
I've updated the ticket on your account with more details. Although it shouldn't work, it appears a session kill may well sort this out for you.
If it doesn't, let me know so that I can raise this back to BTw.
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team