Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 10mb/s - need stats

deathtrap
Grafter

Re: Lost 10mb/s - need stats

Quote from: MattyC
G.INP isn't present on your line. It would tell you something different on the test results:
Profile Name 0.128M-60M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Retransmission Low

The last bit is the teller.
Ahh but if the ECI modem has simply reverted into fall-back mode which it appears to have done,(interleaving on the upstream) the DSLAM may not report G.inp being active ,  
I know for a fact that this  appeared to have been  the case when my circuit was G.inped at first, and for several weeks afterwards   the GEA end to end test reported a similar interleaved profile  to  the op's so it can  took quite some time to actually report a G.inp profile,

My advice to the op would be to buy a broadcom chipped modem, the BT OR Huawei HG612 version 3B S/H can be purchased from Ebay  for under £30 which when flashed with unlocked FW that supports G.inp   will provide stats , and once the Dslam sees a G.inp compatible device connected it will re apply G.inp  and restore the sync and lower latency to fast path levels on most lines
As for the alternative of waiting for BT to roll out this fix what ever that may or may not be, this could be weeks before the OP's cab  has this pushed to it , I know i wouldn't want to have to use a borked circuit for several weeks  for some fix that we nothing about  that may  or may not be a satisfactory solution
englishrick
Grafter

Where are u from Tony???? I too have had a 10Mb loss on my sync as well......
AndyH
Grafter

@ englishrick - You have a line fault. Until that is cleared, no one will know if that is or is not the cause of the speed loss in your case.
englishrick
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
@ englishrick - You have a line fault. Until that is cleared, no one will know if that is or is not the cause of the speed loss in your case.

@AndyH    We've had a line fault for quite a while now, A few months infact !! and the internet connection was ok up until a few weeks ago....... So I very much doubt your theory