Lost 10Mb 7 days ago - GEA please

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Re: Lost 10Mb 7 days ago - GEA please

Thanks for getting back to us @snadge 

I'm sorry to see your speeds have dropped again. Our tests are showing everything's OK apart from your speeds are around a 1mbps below the speed estimates/expectations at 65.2mbps, so there does seem to be an issue somewhere.

I'd like to note that a minimum guaranteed speed(MGS) does not change for the duration of an agreed contract term, however speed estimates may vary depending if the quality of the line deteriorates.

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID [Redacted]

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 64.3 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 358.2
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2019-09-07T17:30:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 64.2 Mbps 69.7 Mbps 69.5 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps
Up Time 866.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.9 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-09-20T16:50:01.646+01:00 2019-09-20T17:05:01.646+01:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

If you can report a new fault at http://faults.plus.net I'll be happy to arrange another engineer visit to investigate further escalating this with our suppliers requesting that a multi-skilled engineer goes out to carry out all quality checks and a thorough investigation. Nudge us over here if you report the fault and we'll arrange all this.

Alternatively, if you'd prefer just to downgrade to 40/10 I'd recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 and they'll be happy to arrange that for you and you'll also be paying less which would be a bonus.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Hi Gandalf

My MGALS was 65Mb I was told that when i signed up, also ont the BTwholesale site which is what all ISPs go off it now says 61Mb (not 51Mb that one of your colleagues says in a previous thread) - i get 59Mb when i use the HubOne router...

my router has also rebooted twice in 8 days for no reason and no change in stats,,, it states 64Mn and max speed capable as 77Mb

if you recall from my previous posts the line was working fine at 74-79Mb for the whole 9 months i had it, it would be 79Mb with error protection off (as this increases speed and latency) and 74Mb with error protection on (as this adds latency and reduces download speed... now on 28th July dead on midnight my line went down...4 hours later at 4am dot on it came back up with 10Mb slower speed, no dial tone, a massive increase in power levels and a slight but negligible increase in Line Attenuation...anyone with any sense and knowledge of Broadband can tell that this must have been an engineer working at the cabinet and whatever he has done has WORSENED my line quality, when i got my line checked when i moved into the property the engineer the said back then the line was fine and no aluminium (as I always ask at each new property).. now when you sent out the engineer in mid August he said "we dont promise speeds, only stability..."  which you disagreed with too...he could not resolve the speed issue and only repaired the NoDialTone issue - he did say that my line is now on an Aliminium run...whereas before it wasn't - this coincides with all the stats the in the router before and after (which I have as evidence in graphs from DSLstats) with raised power levels to get me a speed 10Mb slower and reported max speed still at 77Mb - this means my router and the dlsam are having to use more energy to get me a speed 10Mb slower - this is in-line with my line now being put on an Aluminium run. where before it was not.

look at your systems it will tell you I had 74-80Mb before 28th July....that's whe some engineer has likely performed a LIFT&SHIFT to move my pair onto another run,,, probably making way for a favourable customer OR himself if he moved into the area...

it's all good and well saying im getting 64Mb but I should be getting 74Mb (or 79 with error protectin off)

the fact it all happened after a 4-hour downtime in the middle of the night shows its an engineer issue...without a doubt! anyone to say otherwise isn't educated on the subject.

I feel like I am constantly having to repeat myself and it's getting beyond a joke now, I know this isn't your fault but why isn't there anyone at Plusnet who has a bit knowledge and can see the obvious of what's gone one?~

Another thing that shows is the aluminium is the MAX Attainable speed is still 77Mb and also whenever there is bad weather like storms the connection becomes erratic with errors, it did not before.

I wish for an engineer to come out and restore my line back to the pair it was on previously and get my speed back up to 79Mb or at least 74Mb with error protection on.

can you arrange this please?  I need an engineer who knows what he is doing...not just a regular linesman who knows how to get it working stable but cant troubleshoot

thanks

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@snadge,

The tickets on your account have two MGALs for some reason this one here at 50Mbps, and this one at 60.1Mbps that were both provided on the same date - we'll have to honour the higher amount of 60.1Mbps, without a doubt. I cannot see that 65Mbps has ever been provided, I'm afraid. 

So we can progress this further for you, as @Gandalf has requested:

"If you can report a new fault at http://faults.plus.net I'll be happy to arrange another engineer visit to investigate further escalating this with our suppliers requesting that a multi-skilled engineer goes out to carry out all quality checks and a thorough investigation. Nudge us over here if you report the fault and we'll arrange all this."

snadge
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Joe

I've had several dropouts today and tonight too, I've filled out the fault form with the information, however when i complete it it says ERROR , WE ARE NOT ABLE TO COMPLETE THIS REQUEST and trying to refresh it it says "NO LONGER IN BROWSER CACHE", If I revisit the page from the link I go to the previous section and it repeats...it seems I'm having no luck with Plusnet services AND the website..because for months now (in fact since this whole damn thing started) the plusnet website becomes inaccessible a lot of the time, I've tried several DNS to no avail...it seems to pick and choose when the website loads and a lot of the time when it does its super slow, I initially thought the site access was to do with late payments as I need to change my payment date to the 6th, but it turns out its not been that.

Error on completion of formError on completion of formThis is what I put into the ticket..I don't know if it's saved or received so I have pasted it here for use later.

on 28th July my line went down at midnight for 4 hours and came back up with 10Mb slower speed dot on 4am, it also had a 33% increase in power levels and no dial-tone.. an engineer was dispatched in early August to resolve it but the engineer said "we dont guarantee speed, only stability" and only fixed the NDT issue, all the evidence (look on my forum posts to save me repeating in detail) point to a BTo LL1 engineer performing a Lift&Shift and moving my connection over to a different pair , this pair now having Aluminium in the run (confirmed by the engineer - when before it was not, confirmed by the initial installer), now today and tonight it has been dropping every 20 minutes or so (and was few days ago too), I also want my line amended back onto its original D-side or E-side pair that gave me 74Mb-79Mb speed..not the 64Mb I have now (59Mb with plusnet router)...my MGALS is 61Mb so if its not resolved I will simply reinstall the plusnet hubone which gets me 59Mb and drop back to the 40/10 service, I have tried various routers and result is the same, there is obviously now a fault on the line somewhre...ever since this issue has happened Ive had nothing but problems, especially in bad weather and storms where before it did not, this is inline with Aluminium runs as its more susceptible to errors and noise ingress, I wish for an 'experienced' engineer (perhaps an LL14 broadband engineer) to come out or perhaps a co-op with LL14 and Special Faults and resolve this issue once and for all.
thanks

cheers

snadge
Aspiring Pro

...just to add to my reply above...

...I'll tell you exactly why there are two MGALS, because since I had the speed drop BT Openreach have re-assessed the line at that speed and reduced the MGALS from 61Mb to 51Mb as I lost 10Mb of speed, so they reduced the MGALS  - that is illegal to do whilst the connection is live Im pretty sure of it. it should remain 61Mb regardless of what happens, they can't just keep moving the goal posts on live customers when they feel like it... between customers maybe yes, but not in the middle of a live connection, that allows BT and Plusnet to catch customers in the 80/20 product and keep them there regardless of losing speed...because BT Openreach will just reduce the MGALS...kind of makes MGALS pointless...

anyway, my reply is above, I cant finish off the ticket

oh. P.S. there is clicking on my phone line, like dialing blips really low

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @snadge,

Thank you for providing those additional details regarding the MGALS and for reporting the fault via the link. I'm sorry that it brought up an error message when you tried to submit the fault to us, I can see that the fault has been successfully raised on your account.

We'll need to arrange an engineer visit for this. Please can you reply to the fault ticket here with your availability? Please get back in touch on here once you've done this so that we can pick this back up and contact our suppliers to ensure that the engineer carries out the necessary work.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
snadge
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Emily

I have replied to the fault ticket.

cheers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @snadge 

I've added a reply onto your fault ticket 194734117 now

Let us know once you've responded and we'll get it picked up as soon as we can

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
snadge
Aspiring Pro

ive replied 1-6pm any week day as long as I get some sort of notice

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @snadge I've booked your engineer appointment for 10-10-2019 between 1pm and 6pm escalating this with Openreach. Let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
snadge
Aspiring Pro

I have just realized that I have an Important Hospital appointment tomorrow at 4pm so wont be around for the engineer, can we re-arrange for next week>?

thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @snadge, no problem. I've changed the appointment date to 15-10-2019 between 1pm and 6pm.

I've also emailed our suppliers to let them know of the change in date.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
snadge
Aspiring Pro

Hello guys and gals

UPDATE:

so the engineer came, he was a lovely guy, i explained that on the 28th of JULY accoring to the DSL-stats program on my  router dropped at mindnight on the dot and came back up at 4am on the dot with a 10Mb slower speed and an increase in power levers by 30% - meaning the DSLAM and MODEM had to use 30% more electic to get a speed 10Mb slower, I said it sound like a night-worker \ "Jointer" has made a mistake and put me on an aluminium pair, because the pervious engieer said I was now n alumium and the fact that any rain or storms sends my broadband haywire with wrrors and dropouts , coincides with Aluminium runs...

the engineer tried me on a few different pairs but couldntget anything much better 

Iam now on 70MB with errproterction off and 65Mb with it on, so ive gained 1Mb, also the power levels have dropped to normal numbers too...

as long as errorprotection remains off I will be happy enought with this...its just extremely frustrating to get 80Mb for 7 months then in the sapce of 4 hours its dropped to 64Mb - the engineer tried to blame uptake of VDSL in the area...but I informed him that ive watched that on max attainalbe rates over the years and its a slow gradual process of max attainable speed just slowly dropping...not 10MB loss of sync in 4 hours with down-time in the middle of the night.

he fitted a 5C which may get replaceed with the old one as these are problematic and well documented.

thanks for the help everyone i reallyappreciate, just remember my MGLAS is 61Mb not 51Mb  (that would be for a new customer on this line)

thank again

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @snadge thanks for the update. It's good to see the engineer's efforts have improved your speeds albeit not to where they were originally. I've made a note on your fault ticket 194734117 of your MGALS being 60.1mbps. I can also confirm that this is in fact your MGALS, the lower value of 50mbps was likely just due to agent error in writing out a ticket.

Hopefully your speeds don't drop any further but let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
snadge
Aspiring Pro

right enough...its dropped to 65Mb today as error protection has kicked in, so only 1Mb better off