cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of over 10mb in Download speeds

bustermissy1961
Grafter

Loss of over 10mb in Download speeds

Can someone from plusnet check to see why ive lost over 10mb in download speeds please. Ive just done a BTW speed test and its saying my IP Profile for your line is - 66.79 Mbps what the hell is going on it was 77Mbps last week.
41 REPLIES 41
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Loss of over 10mb in Download speeds

I've just checked and your line seems to be performing within the estimate range, currently synced at 69Mbps. The profile isn't causing any restrictions and the line seems ok from what I can see.
What kind of speeds are you seeing?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bustermissy1961
Grafter

Its the ip profile thats dropped from 77 to 66 why has this happened. iam not paying top price for speeds like this. i was getting just under 75mb speeds last week why have i been limited to a maximum of 66mb? by the way i was getting 63mb to some this is a great speed but i was getting over 74mb now im getting 11mb less than last week. why have you capped my speeds.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Unfortunately fibre speeds can drop over time due to crosstalk and other factors.
Whilst I understand a speed loss isn't brilliant our suppliers wouldn't accept this as a fault because the line is performing within the estimated speeds.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bustermissy1961
Grafter

So can i get out of the contract that i was coerced into because one of your customer service people told me i would get at least 76mb speeds. Isnt that conning people to join when they know its not possible to achieve those speeds. as ive said in another post i was 2 weeks from finishing my plusnet contract and was going to leave but the customer service person insisted that i would get those speeds mentioned. also whats stopping my speeds from continually to drop and your excuses are its still in performing within the estimated speeds.
Put it this way i could just cancel my direct debit and let you try and get the money from me, im prepared to go to court and good luck getting money from me when im unemployed.
AndyH
Grafter

Nobody coerced you into a contract. You joined on your own free will.
Initial speeds when signing up are based on estimates. By the very definition of the word estimate, it is something that cannot be promised or guaranteed.
If you cancel your direct debit, you will be in default and Plusnet will either suspend or cease your service (I imagine quite quickly). You would probably find it very hard to join another provider and there may be an adverse impact on your credit rating.
bustermissy1961
Grafter

Andy as you dont work for plusnet could you kindly butt out of this please.i WAS and i repeat WAS coerced into signing up to a 2 years contract the person i spoke to never stated estimate speeds what part of that don't you understand i was told i would get speeds of at least 76Mbps i was not told i would receive an estimate speed of 76Mbps now again what part of that don't you understand.
AndyH
Grafter

You may have been misled or did not understand, but you weren't coerced. Someone that has been coerced has been forcefully made to do something.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Unfortunately as I've stated before there isn't anything we can do.
All speeds provided are estimates and over time fibre ones can drop.
Is the drop from 77 to 66mbps causing any issues with your service?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bustermissy1961
Grafter

Ok then ive been conned is that better. I was not misled i was conned.In any other walk of life if i had the same thing happen to me i could go to the relevant authorities if i bought something from a shop and was told something completely to what i was going to get i could do something about it what's the difference. The fact is the person i spoke to from plusnet told me what he told me, at the time i wasn't aware i was being conned but that's how people are conned by slick talking people. Sorry but you can butter it up any way you want i was told by the customer service person what i would get not what i could get.
bustermissy1961
Grafter

Quote from: Matthew
Unfortunately as I've stated before there isn't anything we can do.
All speeds provided are estimates and over time fibre ones can drop.
Is the drop from 77 to 66mbps causing any issues with your service?

Ok then Matthew so why did your customer service person tell me i would get at least 76Mbps at least not estimated. You cant deny customers are being conned into signing up, and i say conned because he did not say estimated he definitely stated at least 76Mbps so to me i was conned into thinking i would receive at least those speeds nomatter the fluctuations of fibre speeds. You either change the way your customer service employees state speeds or your going to keep having people like myself moaning about being conned.
An example you buy a tv from a shop and they tell you it can do this and it can do that but when you get it home it doesnt to what you were told it could what would you do? just except it or complain.
Estragon
Rising Star

Oops.
I lost track of the fact you had a thread about this, as I'm seeing your posts all over.
I've made what I hope is a helpful explanatory post here. It may be garbage, but it may be correct.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well it seems to me that Plusnet are ignoring the fact that you had speeds of around 75Mbps and that has suddenly dropped to 63MBps.
It's all very well them saying it's performing within expected limits, but something has caused a dramatic change.
Why has no-one looked at Delta Reports? A sudden drop .in speed like this should not just be ignored or dismissed Shocked
bustermissy1961
Grafter

Again Anotherone thank you very much for your reasoned post, that's all im asking myself. What's wrong in wanting to know why my speeds which have always hovered around the 75Mbps mark since i joined Fibre suddenly plummeted to 63.34 Mbps.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Yes the line has dropped in speed, however we can test and report this but the fault report will be immediately rejected as the line is operating within the estimates. The testing we've done previous was showing no obvious issues.
It's possibly crosstalk from more fibre take up on your cabinet, it could be a spike in noise caused the issue. If it's the latter then you may see the speed come back over time.
The line has dropped a couple of times but not a concerning amount.

Unfortunately I'm struggling to do any other tests at the moment as the test just keeps on failing. I've asked for someone to have another look tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.