cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of line speed when “higher” speeds implemented.

Dodger21
Grafter

Loss of line speed when “higher” speeds implemented.

When the 40/20 package was changed to 52/10 my download speed dropped by 5mbits in speed, when I checked my estimated speed it was 21mbits after phoning CS they increased this and it was passed it on as a fault.

It has taken 7 days for a reply which said basically I don’t have a line fault but looking through the forum it would appear the line has been banded in correctly because of the low initial estimate of my line speed and this has affected the speed I can now get. I used to get 30mbits and have done for well over a year and more can anything be done to correct this, because with the current issues of packet loss and pages loading slowly the current service is woeful.

Ticket number is: Question #133091406

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Loss of line speed when “higher” speeds implemented.

Hi there, I've asked a member of our faults team to respond to your ticket again for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dodger21
Grafter

Thanks Adam

Dodger21
Grafter

After a fault ticket being raised on this issue, Plusnet could not see a fault and wanted to send an OR engineer out. Now I had no reason to think they would find anything and to be frank didn’t want to spend time waiting for them, after having gone through 3 missed appointment before.

Anyway I checked my speed today and ping down from around 22ms to 13ms download up from 25mb to 37mb and a slight increase in upload speed.

I’ve not been inform yet that Plusnet have found an issue or that OR have done anything but if you have thanks, as this is the fastest download I’ve ever had!

All I can say is something change somewhere but not at my end, so can anyone enlighten me?

I only hope it lasts!

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL1965/11086190/24738628/412808761.jpg