cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of download sync speed and SNR question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Loss of download sync speed and SNR question.

First I know little or nothing about the workings of fibre so please take that into account when responding. I had to shut down my connections this morning due to the storm that was overhead. On reconnecting I see that the download speed on one of connections has reduced and the SNR Up/Down values have changed on both (although I can't remember the values I know them not to be their current ones).

I disabled each WAN before I shut the power off so will the sync speed return to the previous values? And what values are good for SNR higher or lower?

Vigor 130 Modems Sync Rates

Your comments appreciated of course.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loss of download sync speed and SNR question.

50 views but no reply, so this is an unadulterated gratuitous bump. The loss on the second line seems permanent so any thoughts?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Loss of download sync speed and SNR question.

I disabled each WAN before I shut the power off so will the sync speed return to the previous values?

The DLM should recognise the line is stable and make alterations based on this, they do take some time on fibre and can be a couple of weeks.

And what values are good for SNR higher or lower?

In general lower = faster, higher = more stable. On lines more prone to errors you'd normally see a higher SNR to keep the line stable.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.