cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of connection

mrgarnett

Loss of connection

I've being experiencing a lot of internet disconnects and have raised a ticket 139907496. This has happened on 3 separate routers (BIllion , Tecnicolor & Tp-Link) so it doesn't seem like a hardware fault. How long does it take to have someone pick this up as theres been no update on my ticket since I raised it on Monday morning.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loss of connection

Someone should be along soon and provide an update, the Plusnet people here are good at what they do.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@mrgarnett

For Plusnet's official statistics for average time to fix  look at http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212

When a customer raises a query by phone or through the Help Assistant, we raise a 'Question' (also known as a Ticket) on their account. We aim to close all Questions within 24 hours.

Average closure time Target closure time
16 hours, 20 minutes and 34 seconds 24 hours

Last updated: December 12, 2016, 4:53 pm
These question handling stats relate to questions directed at our front-line support team. More complex issues, fault investigations and issues that require the help of other departments within the business may take longer to turnaround.

Connection faults

When a customer reports a physical fault on their broadband connection, e.g. intermittent sync, we work with third parties such as the network supplier to fix the problem. Connection faults can therefore take up to 7 working days to clear.

Average closure time Target closure time
13 days, 7 hours, 5 minutes and 1 second 7 working days

Last updated: December 12, 2016, 4:53 pm

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

Sorry that you've been having problems with your connection.

I've taken a look at the disconnection logs (see below) and the bulk of them seem to start at the same time each day, around 6am.

Because of the regular start time, this may suggest that something local is causing interference. Does anything happen at that time every day in the house, local area etc? Heating, security light, roadworks?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mrgarnett

I have a Freesat box that does an online update at 6.00 am so maybe that's it. I've disabled the update so we'll see what happens next.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

There was no drop this morning, however there wasn't on Tuesday either so I think we should keep an eye on this for another couple of days to see what happens.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mrgarnett

Thanks Chris - I'm happy with that.ill keep an eye on it and post an update at the weekend.