cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing connectivity - Plusnet support say no issue?

tagr

Losing connectivity - Plusnet support say no issue?

Hi there,

I'm a new customer to Plusnet and, to be honest, I think I'm starting to regret moving.

Since I first connected my Hub four weeks ago, I've had problems with using wireless. Although the wifi symbol appears on whichever device I'm using, it often takes an age to load an internet page or fails completely. This is happening dozens of times per day.

I've phoned Plusnet support twice now and on both occasions they say they cannot see a problem with the connection dropping from their end. I've even tried fiddling with the channels (as per their advice), but with little to no success.

The router is in exactly the same place as my previous provider's, so it isn't that.

Has anyone else had the same problem and could anyone kindly offer some suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Losing connectivity - Plusnet support say no issue?

@tagr 

AFAIK there are issues with the hub provided by Plusnet, there are many posts regarding this issue on this community.

see

I'm sorry to see you're still experiencing wireless problems. I've had a look into this for you and I'd recommend splitting the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies as it appears they're currently merged together. If you're unsure how to do this, there's steps Here which should be able to help out. Let us know how it goes.

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Hub-One-Router-problems-with-Wifi/td-p/1691469

If you still have issues with your line/fibre connection, can you connect a computer to the router via an ethernet cable, to determine to see if there are drop outs?

If there are then you need to go through the Plusnet Help procedures

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/#troubleshooting-broadband-issues