cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing connection daily

Tim8191
Dabbler

Losing connection daily

Hi for the last few days I have been having constant drop outs. Every day for about 10 minutes at a time. Works fine for hours and then just goes.
3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Losing connection daily

Hi @Tim8191,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Having tested your line this evening I can see that there is a fault, however we're unable to detect where exactly it lies. I would recommend running through our online troubleshooting guide which can be found here. I would also strongly recommend setting your router up within the test socket in the property, another guide on which can be found here.

Please let us know if these guides help to improve the connection or not and we'll be happy to investigate further should the problems persist.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Tim8191
Dabbler

Hi I have tried the troubleshooting and still getting drops outs every other day.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thanks for trying those @Time8191,

Just to clarify, are you currently in the test socket? If not I would strongly suggest you plug the connection in the test socket and leave it there while we are working on this fault.

I've left a copy of your connection logs graph below, looking over it there does appear to be a few drops every now and then. If these become more frequent please raise a fault here and let us know on this thread so we can pick it up for you.

Thanks.