Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lose internet connection everyday

FIXED
Smoggydan
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Lose internet connection everyday

Everyday when we return home from work we have to reconnect the internet, as in admin login then my password to reconnect. Since been off over christmas we have noticed its usually between 1 and 2 every afternoon but have no idea why this is happening, all connections are good and it doesn't happen any other time of day. Is there a settings menu somewhere that could be set to auto off every 24hrs or something? It's very annoying when your watching something and all of a sudden it turns off. Is there a quick fix.
Cheers
12 REPLIES 12
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Lose internet connection everyday

Does it just happen on wifi?; check if stable on wired connection.
If that's OK, you need to check channel use in your locale by using a free wifi analyser app.
+ change channel/s to least used.
If dual band router, give separate SSID names to the 2 frequencies.
Smoggydan
Dabbler

Hi Gel, Thanks for your reply. The WI-FI seems fine it's the router that turn itself to orange rather than blue which I think is a connection issue? It won't reconnect itself which is when we have to login and enter the password to reconnect , I have the TV wired to the router for Netflix, prime and whatever else and these go off when the router disconnects itself. It's strange how it's the same time everyday. I will certainly give your advice a go though thanks
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your connection.

We've carried out some work which should fix this for you.

Can you try resetting the router using the pinhole on the back?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Smoggydan
Dabbler

Thanks for the help Matthew I've reset the router so I'll moniter it over the next 24hrs. The speed has already gone back up to 35mbps so that's a good start
Cheers
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad to hear you've seen a increase!

Let us know if you have any further issues

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Smoggydan
Dabbler

Hi Matthew unfortunately it seems the issue has not been fixed, no connection 2 mornings in a row, anything else we can try
Cheers
Dan
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Dan.

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

I think the problem lies with your router failing to communicate properly with our hardware management system. I've given things a nudge now, can you try another factory reset holding the button in the pinhole down for 20 seconds?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Smoggydan
Dabbler

Fix
Hi Gandolf thanks very much, I've just carried out the reset and it connected straight away whereas normally I've had to admin login and enter my username/password. With a bit of luck that's done the job, I'll check again in the morning
Cheers
Dan
dee1farmer

We have been having major issues on WiFi for a few weeks now, and it’s worse than ever now the last 4 days.  Nothing new has been added to our home to make any difference.  Wifi signal drops out constantly literally every few minutes, with the light often remaining blue on the box, occasionally turning orange.  I am at the end of my tether now it’s just unusable. Please help

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @dee1farmer,

Thanks for getting in touch and we are sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your connection.

I have taken a look and can see that it is dropping more than we would expect, however tests are not finding an external issue. This doesn't mean there isn't one, but does mean we will need rule out internal wiring as the cause.

We would need you to try a new microfilter first of all and if the issue persists we will need you to set up your equipment in your test socket. This is located behind the front plate of your master telephone socket, which a guide on how to locate this can be seen here.

Please monitor the connection and if the problem persists after that point, please raise a fault at https://www.plus.net/member-centre/login.

Once completed please let us know here and we will get this picked up.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
dee1farmer

Thank you, where can I obtain a new micro filter 

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

@dee1farmer - most hardware / electronic stores should carry these for not very much money at all. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

MoR