Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long way from cabinet

mahoon
Dabbler

Long way from cabinet

TL;DR
My broadband fibre is no better/quicker than my previous broadband. Can I downgrade again or will I be hit by contract penalties?
I know I live a long way from the cabinet - out in the sticks here - and although I was getting around 6-7Mb (0.3Mb upload) on my broadband I thought I'd give broadband fibre a go as once upon a time I used to get 10-13Mb for a while (the line was 'overperforming', apparently). I hoped broadband fibre might help me return to those super-fast days.
Got fibre installed and everything is, erm, ok. The line's been up 32 days which is nice. My upload speed is around 0.6Mb (doubled) which is also nice but my download speed is slightly down at around 5-6Mb. I guess it's because I'm on a long line and if that's the case then that's the case but it does mean I'm paying an extra £5 per month for little appreciable benefit. If it's going to be a hassle to get downgraded back to broadband then no sweat, I'll stick with the fibre, but I was kind of hoping that after a decent settling in period the speed would pick up. What say you Plusnet? Anything you can do your end to help a chap out?
2 REPLIES 2
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Long way from cabinet

what does https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm say when you do a line check ?
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Long way from cabinet

Hi,
Generally I'd say unfortunately this is the best you are going to get.
However, there is a slight glimmer of hope in that testing does show a mismatch of data. Now, I don't want to build your hopes up, but try raising us a fault report and we'll see if anything can be done.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team