Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long time to answer a ticket

dickelliott
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Long time to answer a ticket

Hi, I raised a ticket on 29th July. Still no answer yet.

I have been with PN since the days of dial up internet. Support has just got more and more worse over the years. If you phone supposrt no one there seems to be able to answer any questions, They just pass it on and then it takes forever to get an answer. So much for the tv adverts. Cmon plusnet get your act together

4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Long time to answer a ticket

Sorry that it's taken so long to respond. Looking at the ticket you'd actually need to report this to us as a fault rather than a standard support ticket. I'll add a little more detail to the ticket and respond shortly. You can report faults at https://faults.plus.net

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dickelliott
Grafter

Thanks Chris. My last post on this question isn't really a fault though. Just a general question about renewing the line from outside to indoors.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry, I read that you were having speed issue and wanted an engineer to come look. We can't send one out for that type of issue without a fault report I'm afraid.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dickelliott
Grafter

Hi again, before reporting a fault on my broadband i'm hoping that you can give me some informed advice.

My line speed according to plusnet should be between 63 and 78 Mbps

Line length to cabinet is approx 530 metres

According to the bt speedtester my line is syncing at 62Mbps. Please read the following part and hopefully you can give me some advice before i report a fault

I hope that you can help with is question about the possibility of raising my line speed.
I have had fibre broadband with you guys for over 4 years. When the Openreach engineer arrived to install the modem and box we had the main telephone box and an ectention box. He asked where i would like the modem and box to be fitted and i asked for it to be in the living room, this is where the extention box was. He the changed the internal wiring around to make the extention box into the primary one. This of course meant that he had to alter and join some of the wiring.
Over the past week i have done a load of decorating and found that some of the internal wiring seems to bee very brittle where the cabling has been painted over a few times.
Now, I am wondering whether the joined wires and brittle wiring could be affecting my line speed.
If this is a possibility would it be possible to get an engineer to come and check the signal at the junction box outside of my property and then check at the BT box where the modem plugs in inside the property? If the is a significant drop from outside to inside it may be a good idea to replce the wiring and have it go directly to the box that the modem plugs into.
I realise that i'll probably have to pay for this so is it possible for you to give me any idea of the cost.
Hope this all makes some sense to you as i really would like to get it all sorted out and working to the best of it's ability
Thanks in advance
Richard