cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Cabinet "Exploring solutions"

tarikali

Local Cabinet "Exploring solutions"

Ok, so im hoping someone can help shed some light for me. My business recently moved premises. Before moving I mistakenly checked that fibre was available in the new premises. I checked my existing phone number with new postcode and it said fibre enabled.

Anyway we have plus net installed and going from 100mbps virgin down to 1-3mbps adsl is quite frankly painful.

The main exchange is fibre enabled (Darlington Rocket) and our local cabinet (80) is just exploring solutions.

Now that doesnt really give anything away. Is there anyway to shed any light on what is happening with this local cabinet?

We cant really justify a leased line a t £250+ p/m so really need FttC asp.

thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Local Cabinet "Exploring solutions"

Looking at Cabinet 80 (post code DL1 ***) on the Darlington exchange (using CodeLook) gives a status of

Fibre Not Available  

This means they're not even doing design work on the cabinet at this time. They are simply looking at ways to provide a service.

There does appear to be a government program for your area. Have a look round the following

http://www.digitaldurham.org/

They may be able to provide further details (or may not as the case may be!!!) but you should register with them to show your interest.

Brian

tarikali

thanks, I will look into this scheme. I do see openreach working pretty much everyday at the local cabinet but not sure if its cab 80.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

The cabinet may have its number stencilled on it.

If FTTC is ever offered for your location then a FTTC cabinet will be installed within 100m of P80 - if you see this then you know progress is being made. However, as no design work is even being done at this time then that's a long way in the future.

Brian

tarikali

thank you Brian