cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loads of Packet Loss (BQM)

DamBuilder
Grafter

Loads of Packet Loss (BQM)

Recently I've started using the ThinkBroadband Quality Monitor and have noticed a lot of packet loss that quite often follows a regular pattern of getting worse, worse, worse then better then repeat..... The 4 charts below are Thursday of last week until yesterday and a clearly show the pattern. Yesterday there was also a spell of high latency from around 8pm. Any thoughts?

Thursday

My Broadband Ping - DamBuilder

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

6 REPLIES 6
DamBuilder
Grafter

Re: Loads of Packet Loss (BQM)

So anybody from PN got any ideas why I'm getting this level of packet loss..?Huh

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Our tests aren't showing any issues and there's no capacity issues at your exchange.

Bar the graphs do you actually have a issue with your connection at the times the packet loss is high?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
DamBuilder
Grafter

No there isn't anything that I've noticed at all. The boys are both gamers (xbox) and they haven't complained. Me and the ball and chain watch a lot of streamed TV (HD) and we don't have an issue. I was really just curious but the fact you've checked puts my mind at ease.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

That's really bizarre as that packet loss is quite high which would normally mean those activities should struggle.

It could be the router reporting incorrectly but I don't think that normally happens.

What router are you using?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
DamBuilder
Grafter

My setup is a Vigor 130 modem and an ASUS DSL-AC68U running as a router only.

DamBuilder
Grafter

Tried a different router and the packet loss has pretty much gone.