Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lloyds bank users?

slavo71
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Lloyds bank users?

Just tried to put the lotto on, obviously needed to add money to the account but it wouldn't connect to the Lloyds security check thing!

I did a Google and saw that other people using Plusnet were having the same issue of not being able to reach Lloyds! www.lloydsbank.com or pay for things that use the lloyds verification/service for security.

pn.jpeg

Any ideas what is going on/hoe to fix it?

Thanks 

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lloyds bank users?

That Lloyds link works for me on my Plusnet connection, although I don't use the Plusnet DNS settings.

If you are using Plusnet DNS, try changing those to Google DNS or OpenDNS.

I gave up using Plusnet DNS years ago because of problems like those you are describing.

Screenshot from 2017-11-11 15-04-04.png

CueToDo

Just spent 50+ minutes wating for Tech Support.

The answer was to use Google DNS - see Nibiru's reply

slavo71
Rising Star

Cheers guys, I did use Google DNS a few months back when speeds/sites loading were slow...looks like I need to move back over to it Smiley

delta777
Grafter

Same problem is occuring for me with Lloyds and also Halifax banks. Can get to main page but not to the login page.

Can login to Halifax bank using same PC but using my phone as a WiFi hot spot, no problem.

Definately a Plusnet issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just tried both Lloyds and Halifax, and both work perfectly on a PC via my Plusnet connection.

@delta777,  have you changed your DNS to a non-Plusnet DNS ? - as I suggested earlier in this topic.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Their Android app wasn't working earlier but is now. No problems logging into my accounts via p.c..

delta777
Grafter

I tried using the Google DNS settings IPv4: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in my router but it had no effect.The only place where I can see where to change the DNS settings in the router is under Internet/LAN settings. The changes have been made but the router is still displaying the Plusnet DNS values. I have several PCs so don't want to have to fiddle with settings in each PC rather than the router.

As I said previously I can do internet banking via my phone effectively by using a different ISP so I'm not stuck, but I would expect Plusnet to sort out this problem in their system and provide the full service that customers are paying for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You would think that Plusnet would be jumping on this and fixing their DNS,  but like everything else about Plusnet, customers complain for years and nothing happens.

In this case, Plusnet DNS has been flaky since about 2010, detailed evidence of what is wrong has been submitted to them, but still the DNS partially fails like this on a regular basis.

Most long term customers have given up with Plusnet DNS, and switched to another DNS provider, problem solved.

Have a look at my recent list of never resolved Plusnet problems here

Knuppel

delta777
Grafter

I managed to find the correct place in my TP-Link Archer VR400 router where to change the DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and now the connection to both Lloyds and Halifax banks works OK. But its ridiculous that Plusnet haven't sorted out this DNS problem. As a result I can't recommend Plusnet to my brother in law, who is wishing to change from BT.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@delta777 wrote:

... its ridiculous that Plusnet haven't sorted out this DNS problem.

It's worse than that though. this service used to be bristling with useful additional features that came as part of the package customers signed up to and paid for.  For the most part those additional features worked, and didn't need ongoing updates or improvements, so they were of little cost for Plusnet to maintain, and the expense of developing those features had already been paid for.  So what do Plusnet do ?, every six months or so they remove a feature (which previously had been useful and working).  So they are needlessly reducing the appeal of their products, and annoying their existing customers who don't see a corresponding reduction in their bills for the loss of a feature they were using.  In addition, Plusnet no longer seem to be investing in keeping their bare minimum service up to current technological standards - such as secure email connections, IPv6, or a DNS that works adequately.

From a customer's point of view, I can't understand where Plusnet think they are heading,  but with so many unhappy customers and Plusnet failing to even reply to often desperate cries for help, you can imagine where many customers will be heading, to another ISP who at least has the courtesy to answer the phone.

Angry

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I'll give that a try a bit later today (when I get over to my parents few hours time) and post back if I am having this problem on their PlusNet connection.

They bank with Lloyds and my mum uses it quite often, so if they have this problem I hope it fixed quickly.

RobHC

I'm also getting a "Server not found" error message when I try to log on to Lloyds online banking.  Lloyds helpdesk say it is a Plusnet issue.  Have contacted Plusnet Help via Twitter, but no reply received.  Have re-booted my Plusnet router, but still not working.  Access to other websites is okay.

michael888

Has anyone heard of a fix from Plusnet yet ? I bank with Halifax part of Lloyds group. Login to Halifax Still not working as at 14.30hrs.

this is disgraceful service and Plusnet could at least mention on their service status page that they are aware of the problem.

I actually got through on the phone and they say the matter is in hand and do not recommend me changing DNS settings.

slavo71
Rising Star

I changed to Google's DNS last week, no problems since.